Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Have you ever

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2013 at 10:35 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this
Suppose to be looking up for stuff the rest of that year and I found stuff the next year??
by on Dec. 13, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Dec. 14, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Nope ..never.. I can't jump arond like that.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 1:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes! I do it constantly
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 3:34 AM
1 mom liked this

yes, but mainly because I try to buy things when they are golden opportunities and if I'm pretty sure we will use them. 

For example, I bought my daughter's R&S english one year off some one for $15.   It was the teacher's manual, student text, test book and extra workbook.   The people never used it.    I couldn't pass that up, and I knew it was what we would be doing the following year, so I bought it.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 7:52 AM
Sometimes.lol
TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 7:59 AM
2 moms liked this
Yes. The 2nd hand bookstore has too many great bargains. :)
motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Jinx -I have never thought about it like that until I seen their music stuff for cheap. I seen stuff I can put up and have it for later because must stuff is cheaper because of the holiday season. Ink and paper is on sell.

Will that is a Christmas present for me from me to be ready!!

gift

kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 14, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol
I do that on purpose! I love looking around for stuff that I think will be useful for now AND later. Some days, I look for stuff for the following year. I can't help it! I'm an educational hoarder, if there ever was such a thing. Lol
LilliesValley
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 3:24 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes. I have stuff book marked by subject and year already and we aren't hs until next year. Lol. I guess it doesn't hurt to be prepared. Once we gwt next year's curriculum bought and pueced together if I find a good deal online or out and about I'll take advantage of it. Heck ydd is only nine weeks old and ive been glancing at stuff for younger kids. Lol
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Dec. 14, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Now, buying random"maybe we will use this" curriculum is a different story. I buy random things as I find then but can not say I have bought something "for next year" when purposely buying for this year.
celticdragon77
by on Dec. 15, 2013 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I look ahead, but I only buy for one year at a time (curriculum). 

There are exceptions to this of course - example - if I come across books or other materials that look really good on a topic (even if we arent currently studying it). However, I consider that building my library of knowledge to keep within the house. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)