Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Our geography project

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 9:23 AM
  • 13 Replies
2 moms liked this
This year we are using trail guide to US geography so I decided to add a fun project. Every year I do a fun enormous wall project. Last year was a 10 foot great wall of China. This year we are doing a 9 by 6 foot map of the US. It has been a ton of work but it is finally coming together. I just wanted to share. I got the template for $5 off geography matters website.
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jen2150
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Mobile Photo

TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 9:30 AM
That is awesome Jen! I'll bet they enjoyed creating that. Thanks for the idea.
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Looks like a wonderful idea!
jen2150
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 9:43 AM
They are enjoying it now that it starting to look like something. They weren't crazy about all the cutting. LOL. I wasn't either. Now we are able to work on the fun part.

Quoting TidewaterClan: That is awesome Jen! I'll bet they enjoyed creating that. Thanks for the idea.
TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:29 AM

That had to have been a lot of cutting, and I'll bet there were quite a few hand cramps invoved.  It looks great though.

Quoting jen2150: They are enjoying it now that it starting to look like something. They weren't crazy about all the cutting. LOL. I wasn't either. Now we are able to work on the fun part.

Quoting TidewaterClan: That is awesome Jen! I'll bet they enjoyed creating that. Thanks for the idea.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks. :-)

Quoting TidewaterClan:

That had to have been a lot of cutting, and I'll bet there were quite a few hand cramps invoved.  It looks great though.

Quoting jen2150: They are enjoying it now that it starting to look like something. They weren't crazy about all the cutting. LOL. I wasn't either. Now we are able to work on the fun part.

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:44 AM

That looks great! What else are you doing with it?
jen2150
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this
We will be using it for map work like labeling cities and major rivers. We will places books we read on it as well. When we read little house on the prairie or other non-fiction and historical fiction books we will label the setting of the book on the map. We are currently reading The Caption's Dog which is the story of Lewis and Clark from the point of view from his dog so we will mark Lewis and Clark's trail on the map.

Quoting Bluecalm:

jen2150
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:02 AM
I also forgot to add that the states will be put on using velcro. We will be able to take it down and up like a giant puzzle.

Quoting Bluecalm:

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:34 AM

This is a really cool project!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN