Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Encouragement For The Weary Soul....

Posted by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 6:54 PM
  • 10 Replies
2 moms liked this
Take from this where you can.... I think we all are in need if this throughout this wonderful but intense life journey...

Encouragement for the Homeschooling Mom
August 30, 2013 by Angela Thayer

Welcome to a brand new school year! It is here…whether you’re ready or not. Some of you have already started, and others will begin soon. We are just entering our second year of doing preschool at home. I love teaching them, but I confess that at times I wonder to myself if I am ready or even qualified to teach at them.(I know, I am a former teacher and I still think that!) I work with a lot of homeschool families in the state of Iowa as a supervising teacher. Almost all of my families have expressed concern about being qualified or question their ability to teach at home. Today, I want to give all you wonderful mamas some encouragement for this school year.

Encouragement for the Homeschooling Mom

To the mom who doesn’t feel qualified…

You are. God will equip you and prepare you for what’s ahead. Ask him for wisdom and strength daily, and He will be faithful to provide. If you truly don’t feel qualified, there are many resources for homeschooling families all over the web. Keep educating yourself and learn with your kids. Be a life-long learner!

To the mom who doesn’t think she’s doing enough…

Do what you can and keep making progress. Stay on track with school, but don’t worry about finishing all your curriculum. Don’t get overwhelmed. So what if your child cant read in Kindergarten? Keep going. Keep persevering. Make progress, but try not to compare with others.

To the mom who is afraid of making mistakes…

You will make mistakes and it’s okay. Its human. You just move on and learn from them. Believe me–we all make plenty of mistakes!

To the mom who thinks she’s failing…

You are not! I am sure you love your child and will do whatever it takes to help them learn. You may feel discouraged and you may know that your child is behind, but don’t compare. Seek help if you need it. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Try to find little ways that show that you are succeeding!

To the mom who is under pressure…

Maybe you have pressure from grandparents or the school. Take a deep breath. Trust God. Pray. Give your worries to Him because He cares. That may seem simple, but that’s my advice. Do not dwell on it or worry about it. It won’t do any good!

To the mom who has been up all night with a newborn…

I feel for you. Don’t be hard on yourself if you cant get schoolwork done. Take the day off or just have a relaxed schedule.

To the mom who has little ones around…

You have a tough job. To balance teaching and care for babies and toddlers is challenging, but I know you will find a way to make it work.

To the mom who doesn’t have anything ready for school yet…

That’s okay. You’re not alone…not everyone is organized and ready. But you may want to get a start on things :)

To the mom who has everything together…

Wonderful! I am sure you’ve spent many hours planning and getting ready. And we all envy you a little bit :)

Joshua 1:9

Can you sense a theme here? Homeschooling is overwhelming, but give it all to God. He cares for you and your little ones. I love the verse, Joshua 1:9. I pray that you find encouragement in this verse. Be strong and courageous. You are amazing. Not only are you a busy mom, but you are a teacher. That is a true privilege.

What words of encouragement do you have to offer for homeschooling moms?

undefined

by on Dec. 14, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 14, 2013 at 8:37 PM
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.

e. e. cummings

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/e/eecummin161592.html#OiYbGVll8vvBdEvz.99
TidewaterClan
by Kate on Dec. 14, 2013 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this

That's nice, and encouraging.  Thanks Sonja.  I like that passage from Joshua too.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 14, 2013 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I almost posted this quote. :)
You know the saying.... Great minds thinks alike. :)

Quoting TidewaterClan:

That's nice, and encouraging.  Thanks Sonja.  I like that passage from Joshua too.

TidewaterClan
by Kate on Dec. 14, 2013 at 11:05 PM
That's one of the best compliments I've had all year.

Quoting kirbymom: I almost posted this quote. :)

You know the saying.... Great minds thinks alike. :)

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Connorsmommy13
by Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 3:19 AM

Thanks for this so needed in...now need to find my tissues...my darn "allergies" are acting up.

romacox
by Silver Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 7:04 AM

Beautiful.  Thanks for posting it

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 11:14 AM

You are a good Mom!!!!  (Okay that wasn't just for Sonja. ) I've personally gotten a whole lot of backlash, drama, crap from a few close friends and relatives for taking December off of school and so I know that so many of us just need to hear this.  You are a good Mom.  You are trying.  You are learning.  You are striving to do best for YOUR kids.  Let that set (marinate) for a little while.  Quit listening to those naysayers.  Quit listening to all those people out there that think they know best and want to tell you about it.  

That's really what I need for my very weary soul right now.  Hope it helps someone else too!  :-)

TidewaterClan
by Kate on Dec. 15, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Thanks Blue, that's extremely sweet, and needed - especially with all the "family" gatherings coming up!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

You are a good Mom!!!!  (Okay that wasn't just for Sonja. ) I've personally gotten a whole lot of backlash, drama, crap from a few close friends and relatives for taking December off of school and so I know that so many of us just need to hear this.  You are a good Mom.  You are trying.  You are learning.  You are striving to do best for YOUR kids.  Let that set (marinate) for a little while.  Quit listening to those naysayers.  Quit listening to all those people out there that think they know best and want to tell you about it.  

That's really what I need for my very weary soul right now.  Hope it helps someone else too!  :-)

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Dec. 15, 2013 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

You're welcome, Tide!  And Too True!

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Thanks Blue, that's extremely sweet, and needed - especially with all the "family" gatherings coming up!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 15, 2013 at 3:30 PM

This is great Thanks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)