Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I give up! I'm swamped!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I give up on any type of schooling this month. LOL I'm just overloaded. How are you guys doing? I miss talking to everyone but I'm just too busy to keep up!

by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Replies (11-20):
TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I know you said that fellow was eccentric, but won't he give you any sick days?  That's a lot of walking when you're not up for it.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

We are plowing through this week - then have the next cople off. I HATE having breaks and the kids are chomping at the bit for one.

I am fighting a chest cold yesterday and today ...skipped my dog walking yesterday but I am paying for it today as he wants me to walk two hours. One hour per dog, that's abotu 6 miles - blah...not sure if I am up to that.

TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 2:01 PM

We're just working on the basics, and tying in lessons when we can.  My in-laws are coming on Sunday but I'd much rather be thinking about multiplication facts!  

irvinehiker
by Andrea on Dec. 17, 2013 at 3:10 PM

We usually take the whole month of Dec off.  There is just too much going on.  I find that there are lots of hands on type lessons during the holiday season though.  Baking involves measuring and fractions, shopping involves budgeting etc.  I gave each of the kids math assignments for the whole month and they'll work on that when time permits.  

julesjerry
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 3:15 PM

No schooling this month. Christmas, wedding anniversary, daughter birthday everything same month same week.  Happy spending and busy week.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Dec. 17, 2013 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I take days off as I need, he just is SOOOO pitiful! He plays the,"but Jenny will be so sad, she misses you." bit @@

I ended up walking Blackie, took Jenny just to the corner and back instead of a full hour, then he asked me to help give a sick cat meds because his wife,"just can't do it right." She does it fine @@

He only gave me an extra $5 ... but I cant complain as my houlry is pretty good anyway.

Quoting TidewaterClan: I know you said that fellow was eccentric, but won't he give you any sick days?  That's a lot of walking when you're not up for it.Quoting Jinx-Troublex3: We are plowing through this week - then have the next cople off. I HATE having breaks and the kids are chomping at the bit for one.
I am fighting a chest cold yesterday and today ...skipped my dog walking yesterday but I am paying for it today as he wants me to walk two hours. One hour per dog, that's abotu 6 miles - blah...not sure if I am up to that.
hwblyf
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 4:14 PM

We are swamped, but we've been studying Christmas around the world, fractions and measurements with our cookie making, and we got out to the zoo today.  We're also going to work on our Secret Santa stuff starting tomorrow (we do a name exchange in just our family, then spend time making gifts and such).  So we'll practice handwriting, following directions, etc...  Then we're off for 3 weeks.

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 4:15 PM

That's our February!  Minus the Christmas, but we throw in several birthdays to compensate.  :)

Quoting julesjerry:

No schooling this month. Christmas, wedding anniversary, daughter birthday everything same month same week.  Happy spending and busy week.

Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Dec. 17, 2013 at 4:24 PM

My son is the same way! I seriously told him that if he keeps this up next year there will not be a tree or present to be found because I'm sick of the drama and I cannot take 25 days of whining, crying, etc. I absolutely reached my breaking point a few days ago with the meltdowns, tears, and craziness about "Christmas is NEVER gonna come." And/or the discussion about the gifts under the tree. I told him if he kept it up I was mailing them all back where they came from.  Then on Saturday the firefighters were doing a toy drive outside our grocery store and I took him in to find a toy to donate and we talked about how the firefighters were trying to help the little girls and boys who wouldn't be getting presents because they cost money and some parents just can't afford to buy their kids presents and since then he's gotten better about the whining. He really struggles with waiting and this is being patient x1000 so it is enough to make both of us nutty!

Quoting usmom3:

IT is a stressful time of year for us even though we don't have company or go anywhere. My youngest just has a hard time with the changes that come with Christmas & that makes it hard on all the rest of us. It is to the point where sometimes I wish we didn't celebrate any holiday because it seams to just upset him more then it is worth!

TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Lol, it sounds like he must really like you especially with the cat meds.  Nothing worse than thinking about that sad, sad dog waiting at the door.  :)  

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3: I take days off as I need, he just is SOOOO pitiful! He plays the,"but Jenny will be so sad, she misses you." bit @@

I ended up walking Blackie, took Jenny just to the corner and back instead of a full hour, then he asked me to help give a sick cat meds because his wife,"just can't do it right." She does it fine @@

He only gave me an extra $5 ... but I cant complain as my houlry is pretty good anyway.

Quoting TidewaterClan: I know you said that fellow was eccentric, but won't he give you any sick days?  That's a lot of walking when you're not up for it.Quoting Jinx-Troublex3: We are plowing through this week - then have the next cople off. I HATE having breaks and the kids are chomping at the bit for one.

usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 17, 2013 at 6:51 PM

We are actually trying something new this year. Because he gets so over whelmed not just by the waiting but by all the stuff at one time, we are going to open 2 gifts a day for the whole week of Christmas to see if that makes it better for him to have only 2 new things to adjust to a day instead of a ton of them all at once! He also knows what most of his stuff is, other wise he will be upset over what he dose not get & over what he dose get.

I know he is not being a brat, he is Autistic & this is just part of all that! It dose not how ever make it any easier on me or the rest of our family!

Quoting Molimomma:

My son is the same way! I seriously told him that if he keeps this up next year there will not be a tree or present to be found because I'm sick of the drama and I cannot take 25 days of whining, crying, etc. I absolutely reached my breaking point a few days ago with the meltdowns, tears, and craziness about "Christmas is NEVER gonna come." And/or the discussion about the gifts under the tree. I told him if he kept it up I was mailing them all back where they came from.  Then on Saturday the firefighters were doing a toy drive outside our grocery store and I took him in to find a toy to donate and we talked about how the firefighters were trying to help the little girls and boys who wouldn't be getting presents because they cost money and some parents just can't afford to buy their kids presents and since then he's gotten better about the whining. He really struggles with waiting and this is being patient x1000 so it is enough to make both of us nutty!

Quoting usmom3:

IT is a stressful time of year for us even though we don't have company or go anywhere. My youngest just has a hard time with the changes that come with Christmas & that makes it hard on all the rest of us. It is to the point where sometimes I wish we didn't celebrate any holiday because it seams to just upset him more then it is worth!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN