Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I give up! I'm swamped!!

Posted by   + Show Post

I give up on any type of schooling this month. LOL I'm just overloaded. How are you guys doing? I miss talking to everyone but I'm just too busy to keep up!

by on Dec. 17, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Replies (31-37):
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:16 PM

I'm thinking of giving everyone the rest of the month off too. I have so much to do around the house and with family, it's not even funny!

Precious333
by Julia on Dec. 18, 2013 at 6:23 PM

I'm don for the rest of the month until the 6th of January.....a much needed break!

Mommynay2
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 4:35 PM
I'm just relaxing so far for the rest of this year, I'm planning for one day between now and the first to plan my curriculum for January.
hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 5:26 PM

We're not but we should be. :)

We've been doing a lightened schedule this week - just math and reading most days, so about an hour - because like everyone else I'm super stressed and busy.

We've also been gone every night this week! Monday night (and all day Monday we were snowboarding) we had cub scouts, Tuesday night my husband took our oldest to the movies with her friend and I finished some sewing projects and hung out with the younger ones, last night we were surprised by a friend with free front row hockey tickets, and tonight I have a ladies' activity at church and DH will be helping with babysitting (our  kids too). I'll be so glad to stay home tomorrow night!  Just too much - all fun stuff, but just a lot! And none of it associated with Christmas really.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 19, 2013 at 7:44 PM
Swamped isn't where I'm at. I am overwhelmed! School is a hit and miss. Some days it's on and some days it isn't.
coala
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:16 PM

We started the month off....so we are now 3 weeks out of school.  I just couldn't keep them going when both desks are covered in Christmas stuff.  We are enjoying the down time and doing other stuff.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Our whole December has been light to none. I had it planned that way because December is always way too busy and I wanted to enjoy it with the kids and not be stressed. So far it's working. I started getting a little panicky the other day because I couldn't get out to get stocking stuffers without the kids and had errands I needed to run. My husband is awesome and came home early so I could go.i love that man.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN