Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
So per our state guidelines we sent our letter to the school and odd last day of school is Friday. We met with a local hs group yesterday and that was the final push to convince my dh to pull odd mid semester. I'm excited and nervous. I feel a little unprepared even though I have all my resources together but I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!

I just had to share and if anyone has any more advice on hs in general or especially pulling mid year or suggestions on first grade curriculum or whatever I'd appreciate it.

I'm so excited. I didn't think dh would come around.
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 5:22 AM
Replies (11-19):
LilliesValley
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. I'm so excited.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

We did that a couple years ago with my oldest son (to k12 school him) then we pulled everybody mid-year from the K12 school last year!  Both were really great choices.  The freedom has been great and to watch my kids thrive....it's very much worth the homeschooling effort!  Welcome!  And Congratulations!

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this
We are starting slow because we pulled her this month. It is a lot less stress for me and makes us all happier.

Quoting LilliesValley: Has it been a good experience so far?

Quoting debramommyof4: That is exciting. We just did that with my 6 year old though it was from an online school.
usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 19, 2013 at 12:36 PM

This! It is very important for both you & your DD that you do this! READ THIS It will help you learn & understand what deschooling is & why you should do it!

Quoting mem82: Make sure you deschool!

LilliesValley
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Very interesting. Thank you. I don't think she would wait 6 months though. Lol she loves worksheets and didn't last a week over thanksgiving break. She was begging for stuff but I did let her pick. I will try my best to deschool her though.

Quoting usmom3:

This! It is very important for both you & your DD that you do this! READ THIS It will help you learn & understand what deschooling is & why you should do it!

usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 19, 2013 at 12:55 PM

You can do 1 month for every year in the PS so if she is 1 grade that can be any where from 1 1/2months to 2 1/2 months depending on if she went to Pre-K or not! Also if she asks for the stuff don't deny her just don't make her or expect her to do anything. Let her lead you. Try strewing during the deschooling time.

Quoting LilliesValley: Very interesting. Thank you. I don't think she would wait 6 months though. Lol she loves worksheets and didn't last a week over thanksgiving break. She was begging for stuff but I did let her pick. I will try my best to deschool her though.

Quoting usmom3:

LilliesValley
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 12:58 PM
That's doable. Thanks for the links.

Quoting usmom3:

You can do 1 month for every year in the PS so if she is 1 grade that can be any where from 1 1/2months to 2 1/2 months depending on if she went to Pre-K or not! Also if she asks for the stuff don't deny her just don't make her or expect her to do anything. Let her lead you. Try strewing during the deschooling time.

Quoting LilliesValley: Very interesting. Thank you. I don't think she would wait 6 months though. Lol she loves worksheets and didn't last a week over thanksgiving break. She was begging for stuff but I did let her pick. I will try my best to deschool her though.

Quoting usmom3:

usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 19, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Your welcome! I know how scary & intimidating starting homeschooling can be!

Quoting LilliesValley: That's doable. Thanks for the links.

Quoting usmom3:

You can do 1 month for every year in the PS so if she is 1 grade that can be any where from 1 1/2months to 2 1/2 months depending on if she went to Pre-K or not! Also if she asks for the stuff don't deny her just don't make her or expect her to do anything. Let her lead you. Try strewingduring the deschooling time.

Quoting usmom3:

LilliesValley
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 1:26 PM
It is.

Quoting usmom3:

Your welcome! I know how scary & intimidating starting homeschooling can be!

Quoting LilliesValley: That's doable. Thanks for the links.

Quoting usmom3:

You can do 1 month for every year in the PS so if she is 1 grade that can be any where from 1 1/2months to 2 1/2 months depending on if she went to Pre-K or not! Also if she asks for the stuff don't deny her just don't make her or expect her to do anything. Let her lead you. Try strewingduring the deschooling time.

Quoting usmom3:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Hi. Welcome to the wonderful world of homeschooling!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)