Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Ot: What is your favorite holiday recipe?

Posted by   + Show Post
Since I can't focus on anything but Christmas right now.... Lololol
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Replies (11-18):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 19, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Did they turn out right?

Quoting usmom3:

I don't have one! I have been trying new recipes thought! I made Snicker-doodles for the first time ever last night, it is so fun to try new recipes!

usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 19, 2013 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Everyone loved them.

Quoting hwblyf:

I love trying new recipes!  Snickerdoodles have been one of my faves for tooooooo many decades to count now.....  :)

Quoting usmom3:

I don't have one! I have been trying new recipes thought! I made Snicker-doodles for the first time ever last night, it is so fun to try new recipes!

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Awesome!

Quoting usmom3:

Everyone loved them.

Quoting hwblyf:

I love trying new recipes!  Snickerdoodles have been one of my faves for tooooooo many decades to count now.....  :)

Quoting usmom3:

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Dec. 19, 2013 at 6:41 PM

;)

Quoting kirbymom: Love your post! :)

Quoting hwblyf:

My whole life revolves around food, so that's hard!  I do so love:

bacon wrapped water chestnutssnickerdoodlesbon bonschicken and sausage gumbobeef jerky7 layer dip

I'm happy to pass along recipes, but I'm not in my kitchen, so I'd have to actually get up and get them.  :) 

usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 19, 2013 at 7:32 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes they did & everyone thought they where great even my picky cookie monster!

Quoting kirbymom: Did they turn out right?

Quoting usmom3:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 19, 2013 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this

That's awesome! :)

Quoting usmom3:

Yes they did & everyone thought they where great even my picky cookie monster!

Quoting kirbymom: Did they turn out right?
Quoting usmom3:

TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 19, 2013 at 9:38 PM
We make buckeyes but add 2 cups of fresh Rice Krispies. They add crunchiness and take the edge off the sweetness.
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Every Christmas, I make a ton of cookies...not necessarily my favorite, but I make them none the less, and many get shipped over to a random unit deployed. The kitchen becomes "Die Weihnachtsbäckerei" and I make:
Zimtsterne, Pedder Nodder, Linzer, Spriegle (sp??), gingerbread, sugar cookies, chocolate chip cookies, a bunch of different kinds o fudge...and theres a few more I can't think of. I have at least half of my list done...bunch more when I get home tonight to do though!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN