Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Christmas presents that are also curriculum pieces....

Posted by   + Show Post

Under my tree right now there is The Well Trained Mind (for me), The Way We Work (for Levi), and 365 Science Experiments (for Quentin) wrapped and ready for Christmas morning.  I am itching to open our gifts so I can get reading and putting lessons together!  Argh!  

Okay needed to get that out.  Only 5 more days!  Haha!

Anybody else have some curriculum waiting under the tree?

by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Replies (11-20):
TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 2:17 PM
I'll definitely let you know. It's an 18.5" x 14.5" USA made loom from hearth song but they must be out of stock because it isn't showing up. Last month there was a garage sale from ladies who had run a yarn/craft store that went out of business. I bought skeins of angora, silk, and sift pure Irish wool for only 50 cents each! Elyssa will be ready to roll Christmas morning!

I'm sure both of my girls would enjoy The Way We Work! I took a picture of zombie anatomy at Kings Island in October. I'll post it for you later, lol.

WTM should be well worth reading. :)

Quoting bluerooffarm:

My 3rd grader had a loom on his list, he'll probably get it for his birthday in May though.  Let me know how the loom goes, I wanted time to really research it and get exactly what he needs.  He wants to make rag rugs.

Levi was begging for the Way We Work.  He's into Zombies and it has led him into the mechanics of the human body.  Gross Science sounds like something he'd like too!  LOL

I've been wanting the WTM for a while now, so I'll definately give it a write up when I get to read it!  LOL

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Lol, that's awesome!

Elyssa (my 3rd grader) wanted a loom, so that's waiting for her along with a Lego set.

Haley (my 6th) was pining away for Gross Science.  She has that along with her own Lego kit.

Let us know how you like that WTM if you get a chance!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Quoting celticdragon77:

I have a few "homeschool bibles". The WTM is one of them. It has been very handy here. 

I keep hearing good things about it, so I'm hoping!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Quoting Molimomma:

He has duplos and a marble maze block building set. My mom got him an entire set of animal planet safari animal toys and a matching safari helicopter. The biggest educational item is actually for his birthday in January, I got him a light table with several things to go with it(he's only turning 4).

My husband made a light table for the boys. They really like it!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Quoting Bluecalm:

D has a microscope and telescope under the tree and both boys have magnifying glasses and binoculars. I got them Leap Pad Ultra also. I think most of the other things are just toys, not sure til I pull them out and wrap them. I still need to get them books.

I have a microscope and a telescope from when I was a child, but the boys will probably get a good set of binoculars in a couple years.  They are really into bird watching right now.

What books are you planning?

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 2:24 PM

That yarn is an awesome find!!  I'm the slightest bit jealous!  :-)

I'd love to see it, and I'll let Levi take a look to!  

Quoting TidewaterClan: I'll definitely let you know. It's an 18.5" x 14.5" USA made loom from hearth song but they must be out of stock because it isn't showing up. Last month there was a garage sale from ladies who had run a yarn/craft store that went out of business. I bought skeins of angora, silk, and sift pure Irish wool for only 50 cents each! Elyssa will be ready to roll Christmas morning!

I'm sure both of my girls would enjoy The Way We Work! I took a picture of zombie anatomy at Kings Island in October. I'll post it for you later, lol.

WTM should be well worth reading. :)

Quoting bluerooffarm:

My 3rd grader had a loom on his list, he'll probably get it for his birthday in May though.  Let me know how the loom goes, I wanted time to really research it and get exactly what he needs.  He wants to make rag rugs.

Levi was begging for the Way We Work.  He's into Zombies and it has led him into the mechanics of the human body.  Gross Science sounds like something he'd like too!  LOL

I've been wanting the WTM for a while now, so I'll definately give it a write up when I get to read it!  LOL

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Lol, that's awesome!

Elyssa (my 3rd grader) wanted a loom, so that's waiting for her along with a Lego set.

Haley (my 6th) was pining away for Gross Science.  She has that along with her own Lego kit.

Let us know how you like that WTM if you get a chance!

TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Mobile Photo

Nothing says Christmas like zombie stats!
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh that is awesome!  Thanks!

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Mobile Photo

Nothing says Christmas like zombie stats!

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 3:04 PM
I got dd an art kit. That's about the only educational thing under the tree.
TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Mobile Photo

Check out my hoard of yarn. Not trying to make you envious I promise but it's fun sharing with someone who appreciates! Everyone else at the sale was focused on the cotton in all the rainbow of colors, but I'll take natural wool any day! That blue on the bottom left is the 60% silk blend; I've never seen that at Jo-Ann's.
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Quoting Leissaintexas: I got dd an art kit. That's about the only educational thing under the tree.

My parents got my middle boy an art kit.  It's an awesome Christmas gift!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN