Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Christmas presents that are also curriculum pieces....

Posted by   + Show Post

Under my tree right now there is The Well Trained Mind (for me), The Way We Work (for Levi), and 365 Science Experiments (for Quentin) wrapped and ready for Christmas morning.  I am itching to open our gifts so I can get reading and putting lessons together!  Argh!  

Okay needed to get that out.  Only 5 more days!  Haha!

Anybody else have some curriculum waiting under the tree?

by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Replies (21-30):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Mobile Photo

Check out my hoard of yarn. Not trying to make you envious I promise but it's fun sharing with someone who appreciates! Everyone else at the sale was focused on the cotton in all the rainbow of colors, but I'll take natural wool any day! That blue on the bottom left is the 60% silk blend; I've never seen that at Jo-Ann's.

I've only ever seen yarn like that at awesome "yarn geek" stores.  We have 3 totally cool ones around here, but they are hurting in the bad economy.  I keep worrying they'll go out.  I like to go ogle the beautiful yarns!  You'll have to post the beautiful things you guys make with them!

TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Mobile Photo

Check out my hoard of yarn. Not trying to make you envious I promise but it's fun sharing with someone who appreciates! Everyone else at the sale was focused on the cotton in all the rainbow of colors, but I'll take natural wool any day! That blue on the bottom left is the 60% silk blend; I've never seen that at Jo-Ann's.

I've only ever seen yarn like that at awesome "yarn geek" stores.  We have 3 totally cool ones around here, but they are hurting in the bad economy.  I keep worrying they'll go out.  I like to go ogle the beautiful yarns!  You'll have to post the beautiful things you guys make with them!

That must be what these ladies had, but I didn't even know they were around.  I'd have swung by and longingly gazed at everything before hitting the clearance area!  I hope you don't lose yours.  We'll definitely post what we make!

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting Bluecalm:

D has a microscope and telescope under the tree and both boys have magnifying glasses and binoculars. I got them Leap Pad Ultra also. I think most of the other things are just toys, not sure til I pull them out and wrap them. I still need to get them books.

I have a microscope and a telescope from when I was a child, but the boys will probably get a good set of binoculars in a couple years.  They are really into bird watching right now.

What books are you planning?

Dr. Suess for LO. I've been getting them at the library but he loves a few of them so much I want him to have his own copy. His all time favorite is "Big Dog, Little Dog." For D I'm thinking Magic Treehouse books. Or maybe some nonfiction books, just not sure. Yesterday he was reading a how-to book on lights and electricity lol.
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Quoting Bluecalm:
Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting Bluecalm:

D has a microscope and telescope under the tree and both boys have magnifying glasses and binoculars. I got them Leap Pad Ultra also. I think most of the other things are just toys, not sure til I pull them out and wrap them. I still need to get them books.

I have a microscope and a telescope from when I was a child, but the boys will probably get a good set of binoculars in a couple years.  They are really into bird watching right now.

Dr. Suess for LO. I've been getting them at the library but he loves a few of them so much I want him to have his own copy. His all time favorite is "Big Dog, Little Dog." For D I'm thinking Magic Treehouse books. Or maybe some nonfiction books, just not sure. Yesterday he was reading a how-to book on lights and electricity lol.

We love Magic Treehouse!  Have you seen any of the non-fiction companions to the Treehouse books?  Those are pretty cool.

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting Bluecalm:
Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting Bluecalm:

We love Magic Treehouse!  Have you seen any of the non-fiction companions to the Treehouse books?  Those are pretty cool.

I forgot about the nonfiction ones. Good idea! He seems to like technical reading, like following steps and diagrams. The printer wasn't working the other day. I pulled up a troubleshooting site and he called out the steps while I sat on the floor fighting with the dang thing. And guess what was in it? A chip of plastic off of a lamp! LO apparently broke his moon lamp and tossed the piece into the printer to hide it. Aaarghhh.
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Quoting Bluecalm:
Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting Bluecalm:
Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting Bluecalm:

I forgot about the nonfiction ones. Good idea! He seems to like technical reading, like following steps and diagrams. The printer wasn't working the other day. I pulled up a troubleshooting site and he called out the steps while I sat on the floor fighting with the dang thing. And guess what was in it? A chip of plastic off of a lamp! LO apparently broke his moon lamp and tossed the piece into the printer to hide it. Aaarghhh.

Well at least he helped to fix it!  :-)

I have one who likes the technical reading too, and a hubby that likes the technicals too!  

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting Bluecalm:
Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting Bluecalm:
Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting Bluecalm:

I have one who likes the technical reading too, and a hubby that likes the technicals too!  

No, the guilty party didn't help fix it. He was up to other mischief while D and I fixed it lol.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Quoting Bluecalm:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting Bluecalm:
Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting Bluecalm:
Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting Bluecalm:

No, the guilty party didn't help fix it. He was up to other mischief while D and I fixed it lol.

Oh no!  Sorry to hear that (although it did make me giggle)!

kmath
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

No actual curriculum, but he is getting a microscope and books.  I can't wait to get my hands on the microscope!  LOL

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Quoting kmath:

No actual curriculum, but he is getting a microscope and books.  I can't wait to get my hands on the microscope!  LOL

Oh microscopes are cool!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN