Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Christmas presents that are also curriculum pieces....

Posted by   + Show Post

Under my tree right now there is The Well Trained Mind (for me), The Way We Work (for Levi), and 365 Science Experiments (for Quentin) wrapped and ready for Christmas morning.  I am itching to open our gifts so I can get reading and putting lessons together!  Argh!  

Okay needed to get that out.  Only 5 more days!  Haha!

Anybody else have some curriculum waiting under the tree?

by on Dec. 20, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Replies (31-40):
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:32 PM
My ring around the phonics gets here tomorrow so it will go under the tree for my son. But other than books every year there is not going to be curriculum.
kmath
by Silver Member on Dec. 20, 2013 at 8:47 PM

I think I am more excited about him getting it than he will be and he has been asking for one!  LOL

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting kmath:

No actual curriculum, but he is getting a microscope and books.  I can't wait to get my hands on the microscope!  LOL

Oh microscopes are cool!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 20, 2013 at 9:19 PM
All these posts remind me of being little at Christmas time. :)
jen2150
by Silver Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 7:21 AM
We don't celebrate but my son is getting a pocket watch for his birthday. Very educational and he is excited.
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Quoting debramommyof4: My ring around the phonics gets here tomorrow so it will go under the tree for my son. But other than books every year there is not going to be curriculum.

<3 Ring around the Phonics!

Seeing as how I write most of my own lesson plans and a lot of my own worksheets, I often mistake that books do not equal curriculum!  

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

The first time he gets to play with it, he will remember why he wanted it!  They are so cool!

Quoting kmath:

I think I am more excited about him getting it than he will be and he has been asking for one!  LOL

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting kmath:

No actual curriculum, but he is getting a microscope and books.  I can't wait to get my hands on the microscope!  LOL

Oh microscopes are cool!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting kirbymom: All these posts remind me of being little at Christmas time. :)

Little?  It's all I can do not to say, "Hey, Christmas came early!  Let's open presents!!!"  Although now it's more about seeing their faces and less about seeing what I got.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Quoting jen2150: We don't celebrate but my son is getting a pocket watch for his birthday. Very educational and he is excited.

Is the pocket watch new or is it passed down?  My hubby has a pocket watch that was his great grandfather's.  It is cherished!

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 11:55 AM
We use them as that depending on what they are. But I got my oldest Artemus Fowl, my 2nd the 2nd book in the in a Blink series. My son got an easy reader from cars and the baby (3 years old) got to board books. So I do not count those as curriculum.

I did find a really cute math book last night and bought it though. It is called Bedtime Math and I got a fact tracker for the current book we are reading in the magic tree house series. But those were not for the kids.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting debramommyof4: My ring around the phonics gets here tomorrow so it will go under the tree for my son. But other than books every year there is not going to be curriculum.

Seeing as how I write most of my own lesson plans and a lot of my own worksheets, I often mistake that books do not equal curriculum!  

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 12:56 PM

I haven't read any from the Blink series.  Do you like them?  

Quoting debramommyof4: We use them as that depending on what they are. But I got my oldest Artemus Fowl, my 2nd the 2nd book in the in a Blink series. My son got an easy reader from cars and the baby (3 years old) got to board books. So I do not count those as curriculum.

I did find a really cute math book last night and bought it though. It is called Bedtime Math and I got a fact tracker for the current book we are reading in the magic tree house series. But those were not for the kids.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN