Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Mommy fail WWYD

Posted by on Dec. 21, 2013 at 3:50 AM
  • 23 Replies

This week was not a very good one for school....got our math done...but only two journals I wanted three, some Mapping (Socials) TONS of PE including 2 hours of skating and 4 hours of sleeding/snow fun today. Lots of grammar (thankfully working through a book) and some new books. We did some reading.

But not much science, or art.

Thursday I had a great idea we were going to have a "grinch" day. Grinch crafts, found some cool ones on pintrest, and we were going to read the book. He was going to write a mini book report on it, telling me the key characters, the theme, the lesson and so on.

BUT I didnt sleep at all thursday night only slept from about 6am- 730. So I just didnt have the mind power. Now I have to turn in a report and I feel like I did nothing :(

I am thinking we should work through Christmas break.

I just feel like a utter failure

Maybe its the insomnia (past two weeks I am averaging 4 hours a night)

by on Dec. 21, 2013 at 3:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SMTCMMoore
by Melissa on Dec. 21, 2013 at 4:37 AM
Lack of sleep makes me depressed. You did good mama. Try to keep your head up!
jen2150
by Silver Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 7:18 AM
1 mom liked this
It happens. Sounds like you did plenty. We all have light weeks. Our last two weeks have been light. I got food poisoning a couple weeks ago and it really drug me down. Be proud of what you accomplished.
PurpleCupcake
by on Dec. 21, 2013 at 8:01 AM

I've been sick a lot lately, but we are still doing ok. It happens!

Anything you can do for not sleeping? Why are you not sleeping?

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 10:34 AM
5 moms liked this

Do NOT work through Christmas break!  Take the time to sleep, relax, and get it together for after the break!  

When I do not give myself the breaks I need, we have weeks like you are describing.  The insomnia is probably your body's way of telling you that you need a break!  So take it.  You will get the stuff done in January after you recharge your batteries a bit.  You are NOT a failure!!!!!  My body tells me with migraines.  When I get a migraine, I know that I need to stop.  Plus I always have two days where absolutely nothing gets done because I'm in a dark room; then I have a "stupid day" where my brain does not fire correctly (think putting the milk away in the cupboard and the cereal away in the fridge kind of stupid).  If I take a break (say 2 extra days) I won't have another migraine for about a month or so, but if I decide the kids NEED to do work then the migraines just keep coming.  

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 11:59 AM
I would break as well. It will recharge you and make you feel better.
TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 21, 2013 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree mama - take a break, enjoy every minute of it, and tackle school fresh in the new year. :)
kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 21, 2013 at 1:42 PM
2 moms liked this
***HUGS***
Sweety! You R NOT a failure! Failure is a lack of success. You did NOT fail.
You DID accomplish getting some work done.
What you ARE experiencing, however, IS a lack of Energy. For the mind and for the body. A lack of energy will make you experience depression, tired all the time, no desire to do anything.
I suggest the same as the ladies before me suggest. TAKE A BREAK! Plus...Go buy a couple of energy drinks. The ones that are double in B3, B6, and B12. These vitamins will give you the mental and physical boost you need. I suggest drinking at least 1 a day for a few days. It will take that long to feel the flow of energy that you need to get back to normal levels of energy.

And just a little FYI...
Everyone experiences this at some time or other, a few times during their lifetime.
Connorsmommy13
by Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Quoting PurpleCupcake:

I go through weeks like this. Sucks but I am on meds that can cause it (anti anixety meds)

PurpleCupcake
by on Dec. 21, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Ask your doc for a change in meds or to add something to help you sleep. 

If you go through weeks...are you cycling through bi polar?

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Quoting PurpleCupcake:

I go through weeks like this. Sucks but I am on meds that can cause it (anti anixety meds)

Connorsmommy13
by Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Quoting kirbymom: ***HUGS***
Sweety! You R NOT a failure! Failure is a lack of success. You did NOT fail.
You DID accomplish getting some work done.
What you ARE experiencing, however, IS a lack of Energy. For the mind and for the body. A lack of energy will make you experience depression, tired all the time, no desire to do anything.
I suggest the same as the ladies before me suggest. TAKE A BREAK! Plus...Go buy a couple of energy drinks. The ones that are double in B3, B6, and B12. These vitamins will give you the mental and physical boost you need. I suggest drinking at least 1 a day for a few days. It will take that long to feel the flow of energy that you need to get back to normal levels of energy.

And just a little FYI...
Everyone experiences this at some time or other, a few times during their lifetime.

I guess I just wanted to be done the solar system and mapping by christmas break. I am behind where my plan (set up by the teacher I am working with) I just wanted this to be a big success guess I was just hoping for more.

Thanks though. I will try those drinks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN