Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

This week was not a very good one for school....got our math done...but only two journals I wanted three, some Mapping (Socials) TONS of PE including 2 hours of skating and 4 hours of sleeding/snow fun today. Lots of grammar (thankfully working through a book) and some new books. We did some reading.

But not much science, or art.

Thursday I had a great idea we were going to have a "grinch" day. Grinch crafts, found some cool ones on pintrest, and we were going to read the book. He was going to write a mini book report on it, telling me the key characters, the theme, the lesson and so on.

BUT I didnt sleep at all thursday night only slept from about 6am- 730. So I just didnt have the mind power. Now I have to turn in a report and I feel like I did nothing :(

I am thinking we should work through Christmas break.

I just feel like a utter failure

Maybe its the insomnia (past two weeks I am averaging 4 hours a night)

by on Dec. 21, 2013 at 3:50 AM
Replies (11-20):
Connorsmommy13
by Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Quoting PurpleCupcake:

Ask your doc for a change in meds or to add something to help you sleep. 

If you go through weeks...are you cycling through bi polar?

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Quoting PurpleCupcake:

I've been sick a lot lately, but we are still doing ok. It happens!

Anything you can do for not sleeping? Why are you not sleeping?

I go through weeks like this. Sucks but I am on meds that can cause it (anti anixety meds)

I do have GAD, and deppression but I do go through weeks of not sleeping much then weeks were I sleep too much.

Connorsmommy13
by Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Quoting TidewaterClan: I agree mama - take a break, enjoy every minute of it, and tackle school fresh in the new year. :)

so do you do anything during the break?

PurpleCupcake
by on Dec. 21, 2013 at 3:03 PM

I have that and bipolar. Insomnia is a symptom of my bipolar. I suspect the same is true for you as well since you go through weeks of up and down.

Seriously, get your doc to get you something to even you out. 

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Quoting PurpleCupcake:

Ask your doc for a change in meds or to add something to help you sleep. 

If you go through weeks...are you cycling through bi polar?

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Quoting PurpleCupcake:

I go through weeks like this. Sucks but I am on meds that can cause it (anti anixety meds)

I do have GAD, and deppression but I do go through weeks of not sleeping much then weeks were I sleep too much.

TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 21, 2013 at 3:05 PM
We are going to work on science a few days but they're looking forward to that. We're going to catch up on some labs.

The children's museum by us has a new exhibit so we'll go on a field trip too.

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Quoting TidewaterClan: I agree mama - take a break, enjoy every minute of it, and tackle school fresh in the new year. :)

so do you do anything during the break?

celticdragon77
by on Dec. 21, 2013 at 6:34 PM

I had to take time off from school and have the kids dad take over for a few weeks because I was put on anti-seizure meds that caused me to be extremely hyper and not able to sleep. It really started catching up to my mind and body. I HAD to have the meds changed. I just could not live like that.

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Quoting PurpleCupcake:

JKronrod
by Bronze Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 6:49 PM

You know, it sounds to me as if you are really burnt out.  IMO, you should NOT work through Christmas break.  Take a rest.  Get yourself organized.  REST.  You and your kids will thank you.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Dec. 21, 2013 at 7:51 PM
I never make it to where my supervising teacher lists for me to be. This month I just told her at our meeting last week there was no way and I because of appointments and life it was not happening.

Christmas time is an especially hard time to get the work done. It does not mean you are a failure.

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Quoting kirbymom: ***HUGS***
Sweety! You R NOT a failure! Failure is a lack of success. You did NOT fail.
You DID accomplish getting some work done.
What you ARE experiencing, however, IS a lack of Energy. For the mind and for the body. A lack of energy will make you experience depression, tired all the time, no desire to do anything.
I suggest the same as the ladies before me suggest. TAKE A BREAK! Plus...Go buy a couple of energy drinks. The ones that are double in B3, B6, and B12. These vitamins will give you the mental and physical boost you need. I suggest drinking at least 1 a day for a few days. It will take that long to feel the flow of energy that you need to get back to normal levels of energy.

And just a little FYI...
Everyone experiences this at some time or other, a few times during their lifetime.

I guess I just wanted to be done the solar system and mapping by christmas break. I am behind where my plan (set up by the teacher I am working with) I just wanted this to be a big success guess I was just hoping for more.

Thanks though. I will try those drinks.

Connorsmommy13
by Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 3:33 AM

Quoting JKronrod:

You know, it sounds to me as if you are really burnt out.  IMO, you should NOT work through Christmas break.  Take a rest.  Get yourself organized.  REST.  You and your kids will thank you.

I am burned out...I am a single mom so I dont have a break, I am also a youth leader at my church which included teaching sunday school for the month of November and helping out in December.

Thank you for the advice.

JKronrod
by Bronze Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Good luck and have a really GOOD and restful holiday.

Quoting Connorsmommy13:

Quoting JKronrod:

I am burned out...I am a single mom so I dont have a break, I am also a youth leader at my church which included teaching sunday school for the month of November and helping out in December.

Thank you for the advice.

usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 22, 2013 at 5:06 PM

I would take the break! All you will do is burn yourselves out more by working through the holiday!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)