Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Florida moms

Posted by on Dec. 21, 2013 at 6:49 PM
  • 3 Replies

Ok I will be starting to homeschool this next school year. I know I want to do it under an umbrella school. Any advice on which is the best one. And how do I get started? Also what curriculum do you suggest for second grade and kindergarten? 

Sarah      10-16-06                                     Luciano 11-27-08

by on Dec. 21, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Maridel
by on Dec. 22, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Here is a listing for umbrella schools. Florida Unschoolers is free. If you're in Central Florida and are looking for something more structured, I hear great things about Circle Christian School and International Community School. Also Woodruff Academy is fairly inexpensive and covers Math and Language Arts. If you're using an umbrella school, that's all you need to do, no need for a letter of intent or anything. Connect with FPEA, they can answer just about any question. 

As far as curriculum, we love Math U See and are getting ready to purchase All About Reading/ Spelling. Beyond that we use a Catholic curriculum. 

romacox
by Silver Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 7:40 AM

Welcome Amber. I live in Florida too.

I would recommend contacting your local home school group, and ask them which umbrella school they recommend.  You will want one that allows you to pick your own curriculum (many do, but not all)

As for choosing your curriculum,  find out about your children's learning style. 

ambermario4ever
by Member on Dec. 22, 2013 at 1:23 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN