Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

OT - what is your creepiest Christmas/Holiday decoration?

Posted by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:11 PM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this

I love my husband to pieces but each year he hauls out this gingerbread man.  I'm pretty sure this fellow was in the backdrop of a Hitchcock film, lol. 

No offense meant if someone has a similar one they love. This is opinion-based only!

by on Dec. 23, 2013 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Dec. 24, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh my! That does look kind of creepy. I don't have anything like that.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Dec. 24, 2013 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

All the creepy things my DH tries to put out gets 'accidentally' broken..lol

RheaF
by Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL!!!!!

I don't have any creepy decorations. My Grandmother has this little wind up donkey that was her Mother in Laws when she was a kid (so it is OLD), and it still works but the eyes are completly white, and it moves in jerky movments......creepy.

TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 9:58 AM
I tried to donate him once so I wouldn't either, but that didn't work out!

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Oh my! That does look kind of creepy. I don't have anything like that.

TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Lol, I could see the gingerbread man meeting an untimely accident.

Quoting KickButtMama:

All the creepy things my DH tries to put out gets 'accidentally' broken..lol

TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Ha ha! I laughed out loud just picturing that!

Quoting RheaF:

LOL!!!!!

I don't have any creepy decorations. My Grandmother has this little wind up donkey that was her Mother in Laws when she was a kid (so it is OLD), and it still works but the eyes are completly white, and it moves in jerky movments......creepy.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Dec. 24, 2013 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this
My mom has this little girl doll, with a rocking chair, she is made of wood and is posed like she fell asleep in the chair and there is a plate of cookies and a note for Santa.

It is ugly and just creepy looking! I have always hated it! Every year when I help her decorate, I try to keep it hidden or "lose" part of it so it doesn't gwt out out. It is almost a game now. Once it gets out I will randomly put a pillow in front of it or drop a towel over it.

Too bad we arent going up there this year, they are coming here, or I would take a picture.

Haha! Maybe I will ask her to send me a picture of it! She would be thinking,"WTF?"
Knightquester
by Bronze Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I'll have to re-post a pic of it later when I get a chance... I hide it on a shelf where few see it every year.

It's a small, size of your hand Santa coffin, or case that looks like a coffin.  I got it the first year I was with my husband and it was given to me at his parents holiday party as a white elephant gift.  Everybody laughed and mentioned how creepy it looked, and it's been one of our holiday decorations ever since.

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Dec. 24, 2013 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

My dh's grandmother left him some of her vintage decorations, you know the little houses and carrollers and little children dragging a tree? You're supposed to make a village with them or something. Well, the reindeer look positively psychotic. Like they're rabid or something. Its horrifying and my dd displayed them on a lower  shelf this year. Where the dog's tail..accidentally..keeps sweeping them off.

TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 24, 2013 at 10:25 AM
That cracked me up! I'm sure she'd wonder why you suddenly wanted a picture of it!

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3: My mom has this little girl doll, with a rocking chair, she is made of wood and is posed like she fell asleep in the chair and there is a plate of cookies and a note for Santa.

It is ugly and just creepy looking! I have always hated it! Every year when I help her decorate, I try to keep it hidden or "lose" part of it so it doesn't gwt out out. It is almost a game now. Once it gets out I will randomly put a pillow in front of it or drop a towel over it.

Too bad we arent going up there this year, they are coming here, or I would take a picture.

Haha! Maybe I will ask her to send me a picture of it! She would be thinking,"WTF?"
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)