Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Soooo tired, and feeling under-appreciated

Posted by   + Show Post

Why does Christmas have to start so early? Especially when Cristmas Eve ends so late. I was up till about 1am wrapping the last bulky gifts (got creative wrapping an acoustic guitar..lol)... Then the kids woke us up at 5:45....yawn! I was bummed the kids didn't even make me a card or ornament (my favorite things to get in Christmas)....my DH is terrible at that. His response? "Yeah I ment to go get you a card and gift card from the grocery store yesterday but I forgot"...Maybe I'm just exhausted but it makes me sad that I spend months prepping for this holiday - even for hubby - and all I get is 'I forgot'. I mean I don't want expensive gifts - I'm super frugal - but even a colored picture is nice. Maybe I'll go back to bed and they can worry about cooking the Christmas dinner? 

by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Replies (11-20):
JKronrod
by Bronze Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL.  Oh well.  I guess he was trying.  Sometimes it's hard if you are as literal as some men are. 

Thought process:  "Hmmm.  I want to give her something she wants and likes.  What has she said she wants and likes?  Oh.  Yeah!  She said she wanted to lose weight!  Exercise!  Exercise video.  She'll like that!  Hmmmm.  What else does she say she likes?  Oh!  She always says she likes chocolate!  Yeah!  That's it!  I'll get her some chocolate too!  Then she'll be happy!" 

And we say men never listen to us. They listen.  They just don't understand what we are saying.

Give him a hug, and have a wonderful Christmas. 

Quoting TidewaterClan:

I'm sorry Shannon.  My dh got me an exercise dvd.  I looked at him sideways and said "um, thanks."  He excitedly replied that I'd said I wanted to lose weight.  I told him "that was ME saying that, not you.  Don't you know anything about women?"  My other present from him was a chocolate bar; go figure!

Thanks is the only thing I can give you this morning.  Thank you for being part of the HH and HM groups, and giving so much good advice.  Thanks for sharing the pictures of your beautiful tatting.  I can't wait to try it myself now that Christmas preps are over.  Thank you for your wonderful book recommendations, and everything else.  I'm so glad you're here.

JKronrod
by Bronze Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry.  That really stinks.  But look at it this way -- would you have been happy with NO holiday? 

I don't celebrate Christmas, but I feel sort of the same way about Thanksgiving sometimes.  Then I think about how I would feel if I didn't have the turkey and stuffing, etc.  Sometimes it helps if you realize that YOU wouldn't be happy with the alternative (i.e., not doing the work required to have the holiday).  Take that nap.  Cook your dinner.  Count your blessings.

And have a Merry Christmas!

usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 25, 2013 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I hope the day has gotten better for you. We have an unexpected guest for Christmas, Hubbys friend called last night & said he was spending the holiday alone so Hubby invited him over. So our gift opening has been put on hold until he goes home later today. The kids still got their stockings & "Santa" present first thing this morning so they should be good until later.
TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Ha ha! This whole thing cracked me up because I'm sure that's how he was thinking!

Shoot - my dad's present to mom on their first anniversary was an ironing board. THOSE are the types of gifts a woman remembers!

I'm very thankful for dh and wouldn't trade him for five good hound dogs. :) I know you said you don't celebrate Christmas but I hope you have a wonderful day and a Super Happy New Year.

Quoting JKronrod:

LOL.  Oh well.  I guess he was trying.  Sometimes it's hard if you are as literal as some men are. 

Thought process:  "Hmmm.  I want to give her something she wants and likes.  What has she said she wants and likes?  Oh.  Yeah!  She said she wanted to lose weight!  Exercise!  Exercise video.  She'll like that!  Hmmmm.  What else does she say she likes?  Oh!  She always says she likes chocolate!  Yeah!  That's it!  I'll get her some chocolate too!  Then she'll be happy!" 

And we say men never listen to us. They listen.  They just don't understand what we are saying.

Quoting TidewaterClan:

I'm sorry Shannon.  My dh got me an exercise dvd.  I looked at him sideways and said "um, thanks."  He excitedly replied that I'd said I wanted to lose weight.  I told him "that was ME saying that, not you.  Don't you know anything about women?"  My other present from him was a chocolate bar; go figure!

Thanks is the only thing I can give you this morning.  Thank you for being part of the HH and HM groups, and giving so much good advice.  Thanks for sharing the pictures of your beautiful tatting.  I can't wait to try it myself now that Christmas preps are over.  Thank you for your wonderful book recommendations, and everything else.  I'm so glad you're here.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Dec. 25, 2013 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww, shucks, that makes my day!

Quoting TidewaterClan:

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Dec. 25, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for the appreciation ladies!

JKronrod
by Bronze Member on Dec. 25, 2013 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep.  My mom still talks about the "army mop" my dad got her one time.  (Leaving aside the "mop" issue, it was so heavy, she couldn't even lift it -- talk about clueless).  But they're still together after after 55 years.

You have a wonderful New Year, too. 

Quoting TidewaterClan: Ha ha! This whole thing cracked me up because I'm sure that's how he was thinking!

Shoot - my dad's present to mom on their first anniversary was an ironing board. THOSE are the types of gifts a woman remembers!

I'm very thankful for dh and wouldn't trade him for five good hound dogs. :) I know you said you don't celebrate Christmas but I hope you have a wonderful day and a Super Happy New Year.

Quoting JKronrod:

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Dec. 25, 2013 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this
(((Kick)))

This was the first time in several years that DH got me something...

After the kids were done opening gifts, he disappeared into our room and came out with a plain white plastic grocery sack, kinda balled up, and handed it to me...

"I bought this a whole ago and forgot about it..."

It was a LAPD tshirt and I love it! I gave up being an officer to stay home with the kids so I sorta live through my nice strong motor cop hubby. LOL

(Funniest part is..yes, I knew it was in the closet, found it A YEAR AGO when I was looking for something else! Oopsie! )
TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Wonder where he found such a mega mop?

My folks have been married 45 years, ironing board and all. Those and your parents 55 are pretty good numbers!

Quoting JKronrod:

Yep.  My mom still talks about the "army mop" my dad got her one time.  (Leaving aside the "mop" issue, it was so heavy, she couldn't even lift it -- talk about clueless).  But they're still together after after 55 years.

You have a wonderful New Year, too. 

Quoting TidewaterClan: Ha ha! This whole thing cracked me up because I'm sure that's how he was thinking!

Quoting JKronrod:

Quoting TidewaterClan:

TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 5:16 PM
That was super sweet. I wonder how long ago he bought it :)

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3: (((Kick)))

This was the first time in several years that DH got me something...

After the kids were done opening gifts, he disappeared into our room and came out with a plain white plastic grocery sack, kinda balled up, and handed it to me...

"I bought this a whole ago and forgot about it..."

It was a LAPD tshirt and I love it! I gave up being an officer to stay home with the kids so I sorta live through my nice strong motor cop hubby. LOL

(Funniest part is..yes, I knew it was in the closet, found it A YEAR AGO when I was looking for something else! Oopsie! )
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN