Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Soooo tired, and feeling under-appreciated

Posted by   + Show Post

Why does Christmas have to start so early? Especially when Cristmas Eve ends so late. I was up till about 1am wrapping the last bulky gifts (got creative wrapping an acoustic guitar..lol)... Then the kids woke us up at 5:45....yawn! I was bummed the kids didn't even make me a card or ornament (my favorite things to get in Christmas)....my DH is terrible at that. His response? "Yeah I ment to go get you a card and gift card from the grocery store yesterday but I forgot"...Maybe I'm just exhausted but it makes me sad that I spend months prepping for this holiday - even for hubby - and all I get is 'I forgot'. I mean I don't want expensive gifts - I'm super frugal - but even a colored picture is nice. Maybe I'll go back to bed and they can worry about cooking the Christmas dinner? 

by on Dec. 25, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Replies (31-40):
twyliatepeka
by Bronze Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:14 PM

My hubby woke me & DD up at 6:30 christmas morning. i think he was more excited for her to open gifts than she was. I didn't get anything either. DD (6) made my mom a couple of ornaments but NEVER once thought about mommy she even bought my mom a gift while she was out with my mil but not mommy. I even used my christmas gift to get her more presents. I know she had a great christmas & that is all that matters. She loved everything she got & this is the last christmas she will be an only child so it was worth it. Maybe my little boy will make mommy presents when he is big enough. lol :) Hubby didn't think about me either, not even a "gosh you are a great wife!"

Mommynay2
by Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Sorry for the disappointments. I can relate, one thing I have to say is your posts helped me out a lot. I think you are very wise. I remember you telling me about the style of homeschooling and it is very efficient. I think you do a great job.
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 1:41 PM

((Hugs))

mem82
by Platinum Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 2:16 PM
8( I'm sorry. Maybe this year will be the last year this happens.
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope your day had gotten better for you.
This year for us, we almost didn't have a Christmas at all. Fortunatly, we have very awesome friends and neighbors who made sure the kids had gifts to open. We've been having electrical issues in our house with everything thats wireless...and in the kitchen the things that aren't wireless too :/. Our computer mouse and keyboard was having issues. You'd type half a sentence, and only 3 letters would show up, or the mouse on the screen wouldn't move even though you were moving the mouse... So for my birthday he got me a mouse and keyboard (which I didn't want...I was fine with the glitches that happened every once in awhile). The replacements work even less than the originial ones. I plugged the old ones back in, and so for Christmas, I got a mouse and keybaord...again... and again...I did NOT want another one. We're barely scrapping by at the moment, and that is the LAST thing we need. They may not work perfect, but they work. I'll live until we can afford to get really good quality ones that will work in this electrical vortex. So I now have 3 keyboards and 3 mouses/mice (??) that work just fine, just not here....
Since we weren't expecting gifts for the kids, or traveling to see family, and our family told us they couldn't make it to us, I wanted to make this Christmas special for the kids since they were super bummed. I made a ton of snowflakes to hang from the ceiling to make it seem like it was snowing inside since we don't have any outside, we made TONS of cookies, I got a bunch of craft stuff (most of it we already had, the rest I got at the dollar store...) so they could make styrofoam snowmen (since they couldn't with real snow), and snowman (or w/e holiday character they wanted really) ornaments. The whole time I'm trying to do this, Hubby is telling me how stupid it is, and how its stressing me out too much (I wouldn't have stressed if he'd had just stinking helped instead of being a jerk about it all)... And because I was getting moody over some of it, they kids didn't want to do it, and it became a total waste of time and energy, and of course Hubby had to say "I told you so," literally.
At the end of hte day though, the kids got gifts, and played to their hearts content minus electronics for once, and had a great day, so Christmas wasn't entirely ruined for me. I just pretended that Mr. Scrooge, I mean my Hubby, wasn't there at the end of the day so we could enjoy it more....

coala
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I'm sorry that your family had forgotten you.  You are very much appreciated here!

I'm sending you a big hug!!!!

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Dec. 27, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Oh, I'm not one to mince words, so they were all very aware how upset I was. After a couple of hours my youngest (9 y/o) wrote on a piece of paper - "Merry Christmass, thanks for the toys. Love you, X"  lol hubby is still arguing that the "I ment to should count for something" *eyeroll*

Quoting Halobetasol:

that does suck! tell them how you feel and hopefully they will care and do something special for you on your bday or christmas or just because they love you. but, you got to tell them how bothered you are. 

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Dec. 27, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Awww, I'm glad the kids got something. We've been in that position for the last few years - as my DH was laid off for 2 years. And we are moving in 3 weeks, which is why I said i didn't care so much about a gift, I'm waaaay too frugal to want them. But some token is nice, especially since the kids make things for everyone else, and we went out and spent $10 on what dad wanted. 

I sure hope everything in the house is fixed soon for ya! We've had a ton of issues with this current apartment, but until we had some $$ we were trapped here. Ugh. Hugs!

Quoting No_Difference:

I hope your day had gotten better for you.
This year for us, we almost didn't have a Christmas at all. Fortunatly, we have very awesome friends and neighbors who made sure the kids had gifts to open. We've been having electrical issues in our house with everything thats wireless...and in the kitchen the things that aren't wireless too :/. Our computer mouse and keyboard was having issues. You'd type half a sentence, and only 3 letters would show up, or the mouse on the screen wouldn't move even though you were moving the mouse... So for my birthday he got me a mouse and keyboard (which I didn't want...I was fine with the glitches that happened every once in awhile). The replacements work even less than the originial ones. I plugged the old ones back in, and so for Christmas, I got a mouse and keybaord...again... and again...I did NOT want another one. We're barely scrapping by at the moment, and that is the LAST thing we need. They may not work perfect, but they work. I'll live until we can afford to get really good quality ones that will work in this electrical vortex. So I now have 3 keyboards and 3 mouses/mice (??) that work just fine, just not here....
Since we weren't expecting gifts for the kids, or traveling to see family, and our family told us they couldn't make it to us, I wanted to make this Christmas special for the kids since they were super bummed. I made a ton of snowflakes to hang from the ceiling to make it seem like it was snowing inside since we don't have any outside, we made TONS of cookies, I got a bunch of craft stuff (most of it we already had, the rest I got at the dollar store...) so they could make styrofoam snowmen (since they couldn't with real snow), and snowman (or w/e holiday character they wanted really) ornaments. The whole time I'm trying to do this, Hubby is telling me how stupid it is, and how its stressing me out too much (I wouldn't have stressed if he'd had just stinking helped instead of being a jerk about it all)... And because I was getting moody over some of it, they kids didn't want to do it, and it became a total waste of time and energy, and of course Hubby had to say "I told you so," literally.
At the end of hte day though, the kids got gifts, and played to their hearts content minus electronics for once, and had a great day, so Christmas wasn't entirely ruined for me. I just pretended that Mr. Scrooge, I mean my Hubby, wasn't there at the end of the day so we could enjoy it more....

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Dec. 27, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Lol, there's always hope for a Christmas miracle! Lol

Quoting mem82: 8( I'm sorry. Maybe this year will be the last year this happens.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Dec. 27, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Thanks so much! I'm beginning to feel like a glutton for praise...lol..

Quoting Mommynay2: Sorry for the disappointments. I can relate, one thing I have to say is your posts helped me out a lot. I think you are very wise. I remember you telling me about the style of homeschooling and it is very efficient. I think you do a great job.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)