Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
How are you Gorgeous ladies doing today? :)

Share.

undefined

by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Replies (21-30):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 27, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Yep. They just need to slow down growing so we can enjoy/love them a but longer.
I hope you guys have tons of fun! Let me know how it goes?:)

Quoting debramommyof4: Oh no! Though I want to cry we took her out to eat, played her singing game she got for Christmas and now we are going to see Frozen.

I really wish they did not grow up quite so quickly.

Quoting kirbymom: Oh sweety!!! I know I know I know I know! The best thing to do is put some festive music that you like and gave a small dance fest with your kids. It helped me. Then. Now, I don't know what to do as my oldest is now living entirely on her own, paying/making her own bills, getting things done. All on her own! whaaa' :(

Quoting debramommyof4: Ok. About to cry as I think it has been 8 years since I became a mommy. Then in 2 weeks my 2nd dd runs 7. And a month later my ds turns 5.

I am frantically searching for that brick that my grandma use to tell me about. You know the one that stops kids from growing. I will take 4 please!
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

The kids aren't too upset by losing animals, they really seem to get the whole death is part of life thing better than we do!

I'll ask him if he wants to soak and read when he gets home.  Maybe he'd even like some chamomile tea.

At the moment I'm not actually canning anything.  I have a few cleaning supplies soaking... orange peals in vinegar needs to sit for a month.... and a few tinctures and medicinal vinegars soaking that will be ready around the next full moon.  The boys are on me to do some marmalade, but they need to actually stop eating the oranges so fast for me to have enough to make them!  LOL

Quoting kirbymom: Oh no! I'm sorry that you lost a goat! Hopefully you don't feel the loss too much. :( Hopefully the kids aren't too upset either. If they are, maybe being distracted by The starting of school will be helpful. Of course the kids aren't going to admit they are looking forward to starting school! lol They wouldn't be kids then. :)

Hubby definitely works hard, that's for sure. Maybe he could use a good long soak in the tub with his favorite reading/music material and then a good quiet bedtime movie with his wonderfully sweet family. :)
Enjoy your nicely quiet break. I hope it lasts as long as is needed. :)
btw...

What are you canning right now?

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Awe thanks!

My parents are great, they are looking forward to some warmer weather far from here!  Hubby is still stressing, feeling as though he didn't do enough in business for this year.  I know how hard he worked, but he is hard on himself.  The kids are not ready to start school work again!  LOL Actually they are, but they won't admit it out loud.  The farm is good, but we lost a goat in childbirth on Christmas Eve.  She was only 2 yo and was having triplets.  Unfortunately we were 2 hours away at my parent's house while she had troubles.  When we got home it was too late to help (she shouldn't have been in labor for a week or so, so there really is not much more we could have done, but it bothers me to lose one of my girls).  Business is slow.  People don't want to think about solar in the winter.  DH is putting a system on his brother's house.  It's actually why I have a bit of time this evening, the kids are playing wii games and putting together legos and he is off building.  It's nicely quiet here!  

How is your move going?  All settled in yet?  Any big plans for the new year?

Quoting kirbymom: Yes, get all the relaxation you can as the New Year is just around the corner. Besides, you deserve it!
How's your parents doing? Hubby? Kids? Farm? Bizness?

Quoting bluerooffarm:

We spent the last day with my parents before they trekk off to Florida for a month of sunshine and beaches!  I finally got a chance to sit down and take a break from all the Christmas Crazy that came my way!  

kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 27, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Aww.. hubby has such a wonderful wife. :)
MmMmm. Marmalade! Homemade marmalade! Yummy! You should try homemade watermelon. That is good too. It's also the only thing I've ever canned too. lol

Quoting bluerooffarm:

The kids aren't too upset by losing animals, they really seem to get the whole death is part of life thing better than we do!

I'll ask him if he wants to soak and read when he gets home.  Maybe he'd even like some chamomile tea.

At the moment I'm not actually canning anything.  I have a few cleaning supplies soaking... orange peals in vinegar needs to sit for a month.... and a few tinctures and medicinal vinegars soaking that will be ready around the next full moon.  The boys are on me to do some marmalade, but they need to actually stop eating the oranges so fast for me to have enough to make them!  LOL

Quoting kirbymom: Oh no! I'm sorry that you lost a goat! Hopefully you don't feel the loss too much. :( Hopefully the kids aren't too upset either. If they are, maybe being distracted by The starting of school will be helpful. Of course the kids aren't going to admit they are looking forward to starting school! lol They wouldn't be kids then. :)

Hubby definitely works hard, that's for sure. Maybe he could use a good long soak in the tub with his favorite reading/music material and then a good quiet bedtime movie with his wonderfully sweet family. :)
btw...

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Awe thanks!

My parents are great, they are looking forward to some warmer weather far from here!  Hubby is still stressing, feeling as though he didn't do enough in business for this year.  I know how hard he worked, but he is hard on himself.  The kids are not ready to start school work again!  LOL Actually they are, but they won't admit it out loud.  The farm is good, but we lost a goat in childbirth on Christmas Eve.  She was only 2 yo and was having triplets.  Unfortunately we were 2 hours away at my parent's house while she had troubles.  When we got home it was too late to help (she shouldn't have been in labor for a week or so, so there really is not much more we could have done, but it bothers me to lose one of my girls).  Business is slow.  People don't want to think about solar in the winter.  DH is putting a system on his brother's house.  It's actually why I have a bit of time this evening, the kids are playing wii games and putting together legos and he is off building.  It's nicely quiet here!  

Quoting kirbymom: Yes, get all the relaxation you can as the New Year is just around the corner. Besides, you deserve it!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

We spent the last day with my parents before they trekk off to Florida for a month of sunshine and beaches!  I finally got a chance to sit down and take a break from all the Christmas Crazy that came my way!  

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:32 PM
2 moms liked this
The movie was awesome and we hid what we were seeing till the movie started and she squealed and hugged her Daddy tight when she saw it.

Quoting kirbymom: Yep. They just need to slow down growing so we can enjoy/love them a but longer.

Quoting debramommyof4: Oh no! Though I want to cry we took her out to eat, played her singing game she got for Christmas and now we are going to see Frozen.

Quoting kirbymom: Oh sweety!!! I know I know I know I know! The best thing to do is put some festive music that you like and gave a small dance fest with your kids. It helped me. Then. Now, I don't know what to do as my oldest is now living entirely on her own, paying/making her own bills, getting things done. All on her own! whaaa' :(

Quoting debramommyof4: Ok. About to cry as I think it has been 8 years since I became a mommy. Then in 2 weeks my 2nd dd runs 7. And a month later my ds turns 5.

I am frantically searching for that brick that my grandma use to tell me about. You know the one that stops kids from growing. I will take 4 please!
TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:33 PM

It's good to see you Blue!

So sorry about your goat.  That's sad, especially when she was in labor.

The marmalade sounds great!  I've never made any.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

btw...

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Awe thanks!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 27, 2013 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this

You crack me up!

We're doing good here, taking our winter break this week and next and shoveling through the craft supplies and other stuff we've set by the wayside.  We're starting to make a dent in things which is good.

I'm glad you guys are doing well.

Quoting kirbymom: Ha! You found a picture of me! hahahaha :)

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Mobile Photo

Here's my slightly deranged Friday afternoon face, lol. :)

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:44 AM

The only thing I know to can with watermelon is watermelon rind pickles.  What do you do with the watermelon?  

Quoting kirbymom: Aww.. hubby has such a wonderful wife. :)
MmMmm. Marmalade! Homemade marmalade! Yummy! You should try homemade watermelon. That is good too. It's also the only thing I've ever canned too. lol

Quoting bluerooffarm:

btw...

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Awe thanks!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Thanks!  The whole story with the goat (as quickly as I can) is that she was supposed to be slaughtered for meat, so we seperated her from the boy.  She got out (*surprise, surprise* end sarcasm) and got pregnant.  So we decided to give her another chance to kid.  And she dies.  Grr!  Should have culled her even with her pregnant, at least we'd have gotten meat out of her.

The boys are in love with marmalade.  I made a tiny batch last year with the leftover Christmas oranges and it was gone very quickly.  I keep buying clementines specifically for a nice sized batch, but when I go to the fridge half the bag is gone!  At least they saved the peals for my citris vinegar.  

Quoting TidewaterClan:

It's good to see you Blue!

So sorry about your goat.  That's sad, especially when she was in labor.

The marmalade sounds great!  I've never made any.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

btw...

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Awe thanks!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Oh!!! That is SO precious! Such an awesome "KodaK" moment. :) I bet she had wonderful dreams when she went to bed.

Quoting debramommyof4: The movie was awesome and we hid what we were seeing till the movie started and she squealed and hugged her Daddy tight when she saw it.

Quoting kirbymom: Yep. They just need to slow down growing so we can enjoy/love them a but longer.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:48 PM
I think she may have been to tired. We had lunch out. Went after Christmas shopping, then we stopped at the Disney store to look around and they gave her a certificate and a pin to say it was her birthday. After that we left to keep dinner reservations. Then we went back to the Disney store for our once a year you get $25 to spend how you want tradition. She picked out a musical jewelry box from Frozen. We got home at 11. But she kept saying best day ever!

Quoting kirbymom: Oh!!! That is SO precious! Such an awesome "KodaK" moment. :) I bet she had wonderful dreams when she went to bed.

Quoting debramommyof4: The movie was awesome and we hid what we were seeing till the movie started and she squealed and hugged her Daddy tight when she saw it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN