Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone from???

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:45 AM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

WV
so my ds will be starting kindergarten this coming fall. we just moved from IL (very homeschooling friendly) to WV (not as friendly). there are two options in wv if you want to home school. one is submit a notice and then you give reports of how your child is doing. your child needs to take all standardized test that they would if they were in public school. the other option is approval where you get approved to home school and then you dont need to submit progress reports or do the testing. are there any mom here from wv (or have a law similar) and which did you choose and why. i am very torn.

by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
rmgriffberg
by Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:51 PM

BUMP!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Hi. I'm in between states at the moment but are temporarily staying in NY. I used to live in WV and I am from IL.

What kind of approval are you talking about, if I might ask?
romacox
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 6:08 AM

We live in Florida, and we did an annual evaluation by a certified teacher.  By talking to others in our area, we learned that it was wise to choose an evaluater that was also a home educator.  So if you understand the ropes, it is not always as bad as it sounds.

I recommend getting in touch with a home school support group in WV, and asking them who and what they recommend.

usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry I wish I could help you! Maybe this bumping you to the top will get your post noticed by some one that can help you!

nicki1018
by Member on Dec. 30, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Close, I am in VA. Good luck, I am sorry they are home school friendly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)