Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How are your wee ones making use of their time during the holidays?

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 12:54 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mostly we are just enjoying the season, but we are still working on reading daily and we find something new to learn about everyday but in a more relaxed way.

Yesterday we were at a friends house who has that disney infinity game. My wee one loved all the characters being able to interact so he came up with an imaginary situation and created it the best he could on that game. It was fun seeing his imagination come to life like that.

by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 12:57 PM
2 moms liked this
We are cleaning and rearranging the house today. Yesterday was spent focused on my now 8 year old since it was her birthday. Sunday they are going to relax and play. Then we will start back to school next week.
Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 12:57 PM
1 mom liked this

My wee ones are adults but they are still mostly playing video games and catching up on sleep. LOL

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this

My boys are working on their negotiation skills, their diplomacy skills, and their creativity.  They have begun setting timers for who gets to choose which wii game they will play (diplomacy at work).  They negotiate with one another for extra time in exchange for help with a sticky spot, etc.  They are also taking breaks (especially when they get frustrated) to work with their art sets and art books they got for Christmas.

FootballFan12
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:17 PM
2 moms liked this

I had neighbor who was like a grandmother to me my whole life. She was from Scotland and until her death 3 years ago, she still called me 'wee one'.  I started calling my kids that when I was pregnant and it just stuck. I have a feeeling I will be calling them that when they are grown as well.   :)

I don't blame your kids. My older teenage cousins are doing much of the same thing.

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

My wee ones are adults but they are still mostly playing video games and catching up on sleep. LOL

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this

My 6yo got Lego Technics, so he's been working A LOT on those.  :)  I love to see his little engineer's mind work!  Other than that we've been sewing, cooking, reading, coloring, doing Bop It, Wii games, and some strategy games they got.  We're relaxed right now.

usmom3
by BJ on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Because we unschool everything looks a lot like normal around here except Hubby has been here all week to share in it all!

kmath
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 2:22 PM

D has been reading every day and randomly picking up bits and pieces here and there.  No fomal anything till next week though.

hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 4:52 PM

My oldest is finishing up  her first Minecraft Homeschool class so she's enjoyed having a lot more time to spend on that each day. My middle child is obsessed with his new Lego sets and new video game. My youngest has been drawing a ton of stuff with all her new art supplies, and also enjoys chasing around the 2 cats we are babysitting.

JKronrod
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 5:21 PM

To tell you the truth, the two middle ones have spent a lot of time annoying each other.  I think they need more work to keep them busy!

TidewaterClan
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 6:32 PM
How do you like that? I was considering purchasing that from the hs buyers co-op.

Quoting hipmomto3:

My oldest is finishing up  her first Minecraft Homeschool class so she's enjoyed having a lot more time to spend on that each day. My middle child is obsessed with his new Lego sets and new video game. My youngest has been drawing a ton of stuff with all her new art supplies, and also enjoys chasing around the 2 cats we are babysitting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN