Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How are your wee ones making use of their time during the holidays?

Posted by   + Show Post

Mostly we are just enjoying the season, but we are still working on reading daily and we find something new to learn about everyday but in a more relaxed way.

Yesterday we were at a friends house who has that disney infinity game. My wee one loved all the characters being able to interact so he came up with an imaginary situation and created it the best he could on that game. It was fun seeing his imagination come to life like that.

by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Replies (11-14):
coala
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I am seeing creativity in ways I had never thought possible with my oldest.  She has found new mediums to work with in arts and crafts and is doing beautifully.  She has always enjoyed art, but she may actually find the medium that works best for her by the time we start school.  It would be so amazing to find something for her she TRULY enjoys instead of jumping aroud ALL the time.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Dec. 28, 2013 at 10:40 PM
Well, my 14yr old is working on Tesla's theory plus teaching my 3 youngest how to assemble their own led flashlights and my 16yr old us enjoying his time off while my 12yr old is learning how to create new recouped.
Mommynay2
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:44 AM
How old are your children? My kids are mostly relaxing, but Destinay has been helping me cook so she can practice her reading and math skills.

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

My wee ones are adults but they are still mostly playing video games and catching up on sleep. LOL

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 1:58 PM

23 and 20 now.

Quoting Mommynay2: How old are your children? My kids are mostly relaxing, but Destinay has been helping me cook so she can practice her reading and math skills.

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

My wee ones are adults but they are still mostly playing video games and catching up on sleep. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN