Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Say Hello and Introduce Yourself...

welcome

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. You can reply to any posts and/or start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and feel free to join in!

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool?

2. How long  have you been homeschooling?

3. What type of homeschooling do you do?

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on Homeschooling Moms & CafeMom!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:51 AM
Replies (301-305):
Scribbleprints
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, we don't "officially" start until tomorrow, when my older kids go to school (only my youngest will be homeschooled this year).  But I've been working with him on reading and writing over the summer, plus a little math.  It was sort of a trial to see how we could do.  And I really feel hopeful about how we'll do this year.  I feel like I really know what my child needs and can give it to him better than the PS can.  They just can't spend the individualized time he needs to get over his fear of learning.  I know because I used to teach (Junior High, not KG/1st grade which is sort of where he is between...but still, I know no teacher has time to sit with a student, FOR EVERY LESSON, and talk with them with a stuffed animals or whatever it takes to get them to try to do the work.  Which is what I've been doing over the summerm and what it takes to get him working right now.  He'd just get lost in a class where 20 other kids need the teacher's attention.  I know cause that's what happened last year, even though he had a really good teacher.

Quoting kirbymom: Well then, Re-Welcome! Lol How do you like it so far?
Quoting Scribbleprints:

I'm going to "re-introduce" myself, because my situation has changed since I first came on here.  When I first came on, I was only supplementing my kids PS education with Spanish and a little sign language.  This year, I will be homeschooling my youngest (age 6) who just did not do well in the PS kindergarten last year.  So, I am now officially an actual homeschooler (or will be in a week or two...though we've already started some things over the summer.)

MethodMom
by Member on Aug. 25, 2014 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting kirbymom: Hello! :) Welcome! :) What do you like best about homeschooling?
Quoting MethodMom:

hi. I have been homeschooling for 6 years now. I have 3 sons ages, 10, 8, and 2. 

I guess I love that I get to be there with my kids when they learn something new. I know exactly what they are learning and I am there with them when they make each new discovery which is kind of magical. 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 25, 2014 at 9:55 PM
I do agree with you. You are most definitely the one able to give him what he needs, when he needs it. And besides, he already trusts you. I'm willing to bet that since you've got him this far, you can go further distances. After all, you're his mom and you live him most. :)

Quoting Scribbleprints:

Well, we don't "officially" start until tomorrow, when my older kids go to school (only my youngest will be homeschooled this year).  But I've been working with him on reading and writing over the summer, plus a little math.  It was sort of a trial to see how we could do.  And I really feel hopeful about how we'll do this year.  I feel like I really know what my child needs and can give it to him better than the PS can.  They just can't spend the individualized time he needs to get over his fear of learning.  I know because I used to teach (Junior High, not KG/1st grade which is sort of where he is between...but still, I know no teacher has time to sit with a student, FOR EVERY LESSON, and talk with them with a stuffed animals or whatever it takes to get them to try to do the work.  Which is what I've been doing over the summerm and what it takes to get him working right now.  He'd just get lost in a class where 20 other kids need the teacher's attention.  I know cause that's what happened last year, even though he had a really good teacher.

Quoting kirbymom: Well then, Re-Welcome! Lol

How do you like it so far?

Quoting Scribbleprints:

I'm going to "re-introduce" myself, because my situation has changed since I first came on here.  When I first came on, I was only supplementing my kids PS education with Spanish and a little sign language.  This year, I will be homeschooling my youngest (age 6) who just did not do well in the PS kindergarten last year.  So, I am now officially an actual homeschooler (or will be in a week or two...though we've already started some things over the summer.)

kirbymom
by Sonja on Aug. 25, 2014 at 9:57 PM
Ahh yes, that proverbial light that gets turned on when that connection has been made. You're right, that IS magical. :)

Quoting MethodMom:

Quoting kirbymom: Hello! :) Welcome! :)

What do you like best about homeschooling?

Quoting MethodMom:

hi. I have been homeschooling for 6 years now. I have 3 sons ages, 10, 8, and 2. 

I guess I love that I get to be there with my kids when they learn something new. I know exactly what they are learning and I am there with them when they make each new discovery which is kind of magical. 

lleroux2
by New Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 9:56 AM
Hello
We love doing homeschooling since it is do flexible and we can do what we want when we want and it makes me feel better knowing that my kids are safe with me all of the time.

All of the subjects are fun because i feel like i am re learning with the kids.

Quoting kirbymom: Hi Leona! Welcome to the group! :)

How are you liking homeschooling? Any favorite part of homeschooling or any favorite subjects?

Quoting lleroux2: Hello i am leona Leroux

I have two kids that i am home schooling.

This is our second year homeschooling.

We chose the online schooling because they provide the stuff and i choose when and where.

My kids enjoy riding their bikes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)