Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Say Hello and Introduce Yourself...

welcome

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. You can reply to any posts and/or start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and feel free to join in!

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool?

2. How long  have you been homeschooling?

3. What type of homeschooling do you do?

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on Homeschooling Moms & CafeMom!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:51 AM
Replies (261-268):
Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:24 PM

Welcome to the group Kim. It sounds like your kids are making great strides at home.

Quoting KBuker:

Good morning,My name is Kim I am a mother of three children. I started homeschooling when they got out of school for the summer in June. My oldest son is 8 and doing grade 3 work over the summer, my 6 year old autistic son is doing much better doing work at home and is doing grade 1 and my daughter age 4 is doing SK work and again doing very well. In fact they are doing so well I think we are going to go to grades 4 2 and 1 in september when our other books are finished. I have purchased a lot of things for homeschool a chalk board and each child a boogie bored. I have bought currency to learn money with and books and even shelves to keep all our homeschooling stuff in it. I have made a binder to keep records and ideas and even chore charts. Things have been going so well I am so happy. Apparently is was so easy we got another puppy to keep us on our toes... because we already have a zoo. Anyways I am in Canada and would love to connect with some other homeschooling mothers or get some advice on things to do/not do. I have already bought more curriculum for september and hired a french tutuor as I cannot teach french and want them to learn it, it might also include a trip to Quebec next year 

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:25 PM

Welcome to the group Lindsey.

Quoting lindsayhill2009: Hi my Lindsay I have 2 boys ages 6 &10 I will be homeschooling my 10 year old who is also HF autistic

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group Anne. I think it is great that your daughter is excited to homeschool her final year.

Quoting heavensdaughter:

Hello, I am very excited to have found this group of intelligent home schooling moms, some of whom I recognize from other groups.  I am Anne, a 40 year old mother with 4 children living in my home and 3 step children.  This spring I pulled my oldest out of school towards the end of her Junior year and will be home schooling.  I've just spent the last 4 hours pouring over old posts in here about home schooling a high school aged child and am feeling more confident and excited than I thought possible.  My daughter is very excited about the things that I have learned as well.  Thank you so much to all of the members who have shared this info and I really look forward to coming in here and hearing about your home schooling journeys and sharing ours as well!

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:28 PM

Welcome Amand. It's great that you have help and support with homeschooling from your mom. Where you homeschooled?

Quoting ladyofnight:

Oh, my name is Amanda by the way :P. I have help from my mom with homeschooling as well since it's hard for me to concentrate having ADD myself and trying to teach a child with severe ADHD and another with a more mild case of ADD and dexterity issues. 

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jul. 29, 2014 at 10:33 PM

Hi Cassie. Sounds like your children are doing really well with homeschooling.

Quoting cassielc84:

Hello I am Cassie, Mom of Shayna (6 yrs old), Emmy and Abby (4 yr old twins) and expecting our second set of twins (boy/girl) in November!

1. We will be homeschooling 3 kids this year! :)

2. This year is our second year of homeschooling.. we are doing 1st grade and pre-k/some kindergarten this year! 

3. This year we are trying easy peasy (allinonehomeschool.com) and we also get the workbooks from walmart.. also look up projects and crafts online.. we trying to match the public school learning achievements but after last year our oldest has moved so far ahead that according to public school she is halfway through the 1st grade! 

4. Our girls LOVE anything to do with Science and our oldest LOVES Math!! So we do a lot of earthy projects like growing plants from seeds, they really loved that. We also do a lot of Art projects like we made suncatchers and ladybugs out of construction paper. They also like to glue objects on a piece of paper and making math problems out of them. We have a bunch of fun and try to do 1 to 2 projects a week while we are in school! :)

ladyofnight
by Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:58 AM

I was for a year in middle school. My 7th grade year I was homeschooled. Then went back to public school my 8th grade year, graduated in 2001 from my local high school. Truth betold though, I didn't learn even half of what I know today from the school, I still studied independantly at home. Some of what I learned on my own, some my mom taught me, and a little from what i learned in school.  I only went to school for the extra curriculars anyway. Drama, band and choir. :).  

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Welcome Amand. It's great that you have help and support with homeschooling from your mom. Where you homeschooled?

Quoting ladyofnight:

Oh, my name is Amanda by the way :P. I have help from my mom with homeschooling as well since it's hard for me to concentrate having ADD myself and trying to teach a child with severe ADHD and another with a more mild case of ADD and dexterity issues. 

Momof4199
by New Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Yes Michelle,

Most of our Teachings go by what the kids are interested in .... My 5th grader is into Mind Craft so a lot of his learning is on the computer.... My 11/12th grader is into reading so a lot of her learning's are taught out of Books and few online.. 

I find it easier that way.. and they like learning more and in no time ZIP right threw assignments that they enjoy learning about....  My 11/12th grader  has a 3.0 grade point average.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Hi Jenny. Welcome to the group. Have you been unschooling the entire time you have homeschooled?

Quoting Momof4199:

Hello, My name is Jenny 

I have 4 kids & 4 step kids.. I homeschool only 2 of them.. My 2 youngest 5th and 11th grade.. 

I have been homeschooling for about 7-8 yrs.. tryed the public school thing last yr and it wasnt to my liking and teachers are not as caring and dont have the patience with kids now days..  I Am doing the unschooling teachings.. I do few work books Spectrium series.. mainly and reading books and many online teachings... hands on teachings and also my 5th grader does learn cooking and sewing, and arts and crafts (croche) 

We homeschool yr round.. in my kids spare-time in summer too.. there is always time to learn is my MOTTO.. :) 

We do alot of swimming, biking, camping, going to Beach and state parks.. love Geocaching.. 

myfamily04
by New Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 12:08 PM

Hello Michelle, I have decided to Homeschool because I want control of what my children are learning and both of my sons have expierienced bullying so I feel the best place for them to learn is home..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)