Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Say Hello and Introduce Yourself...

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:51 AM
  • 315 Replies
1 mom liked this

welcome

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. You can reply to any posts and/or start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and feel free to join in!

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool?

2. How long  have you been homeschooling?

3. What type of homeschooling do you do?

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on Homeschooling Moms & CafeMom!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommieof1b4g
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 4:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi my name is Cherie

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool? I have 5 kids. 2 that are in school and being homeschooled

2. How long have you been homeschooling? This is my first yr. My ds is 8 and in 3rd. I started homeschooling him at the beginning of tje school yr. My dd 7 in 2nd grade I decided to homeschool as well at the beginning of december.

3. What type of homeschooling do you do? It is through the school district. We have wkly meetings with their teacher on Wednesdays.

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy? Everything. Bike riding, swimming, running around at the park.
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi Cherie. Welcome to the group. :)

Just wanted to make sure you are welcomed properly. :)
How do the kids like homeschooling?

Quoting mommieof1b4g: Hi my name is Cherie

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool? I have 5 kids. 2 that are in school and being homeschooled

2. How long have you been homeschooling? This is my first yr. My ds is 8 and in 3rd. I started homeschooling him at the beginning of tje school yr. My dd 7 in 2nd grade I decided to homeschool as well at the beginning of december.

3. What type of homeschooling do you do? It is through the school district. We have wkly meetings with their teacher on Wednesdays.

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy? Everything. Bike riding, swimming, running around at the park.

undefined

mommieof1b4g
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this
They love it!
And thank you :)

Quoting kirbymom: Hi Cherie. Welcome to the group. :)

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:32 PM
Your Welcome. :)
That's good. Do they have a favorite subject?

Quoting mommieof1b4g: They love it!

mommieof1b4g
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this
They like science a lot.

Quoting kirbymom: Your Welcome. :)

That's good. Do they have a favorite subject?

Quoting mommieof1b4g: They love it!

TNMomMom3
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi I am TNMOMMOM3 , 

I am teaching for the 2nd year .

My kids are in the 2nd, 7th, and 8th grades.

We use FCA in Tennessee as our base school.

We enjoy hands on learning . We try to explore as much as weather permits . 

ENVYYAYA
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

My name is Yaya and it has been a couple of years since I have been on Cafemom. I am currently trying to find a homeschool group where i can possibly have my daughter interact with kids her age.  She is taking High School classes and I live in Osceola County. If any one has a idea of how to do this can you please email me.  Thanks

nettey2808
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

1.. I have 4 kids and i homeschool 1 and I am abou to start another one.
2.   I have been homeschooing my daughter for 2 years now
3. I use online public schools "CAVA"
4.the are involved in Football, wrestling,baseball,softball and cheer..  

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:30 PM
Hi! Welcome to the group. :)

How do you like homeschooling so far?

Quoting TNMomMom3:

Hi I am TNMOMMOM3 , 

I am teaching for the 2nd year .

My kids are in the 2nd, 7th, and 8th grades.

We use FCA in Tennessee as our base school.

We enjoy hands on learning . We try to explore as much as weather permits . 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:38 PM
Hello! :) Welcome. :)

Would you by any chance be in Florida?

Have you looked online to see if there are any homeschooling groups in your area?

Quoting ENVYYAYA:

My name is Yaya and it has been a couple of years since I have been on Cafemom. I am currently trying to find a homeschool group where i can possibly have my daughter interact with kids her age.  She is taking High School classes and I live in Osceola County. If any one has a idea of how to do this can you please email me.  Thanks

undefined

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN