Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Say Hello and Introduce Yourself...

welcome

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. You can reply to any posts and/or start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and feel free to join in!

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool?

2. How long  have you been homeschooling?

3. What type of homeschooling do you do?

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on Homeschooling Moms & CafeMom!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:51 AM
Replies (11-20):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 6, 2014 at 2:00 PM
Hi!:) Welcome!

Wow. Very active everybody is!

Quoting nettey2808:

1.. I have 4 kids and i homeschool 1 and I am abou to start another one.2.   I have been homeschooing my daughter for 2 years now3. I use online public schools "CAVA"4.the are involved in Football, wrestling,baseball,softball and cheer..  

undefined

2brghtkds
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 4:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello all my name is Heather. We will be moving from NC to IN in a few weeks, AAAHHHHH!!!!! Yeah so the kids are on winter/moving break. We homeschool year round so thankfully since the move came up and came up fast, we are able to take this month off and start back up once we get moved.

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool? My two oldest, 10 and 8

2. How long  have you been homeschooling? Two years

3. What type of homeschooling do you do? a little bit of everything

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy? field trips, fun outdoor activities

Heather

Mom of three

Homeschool teacher of the year!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 8, 2014 at 3:32 PM
Hello! and Welcome! :)

Hi Heather. I'm Sonja. I used to live in IN. Whereabouts are you moving to,if you don't mind my asking that is?

Quoting 2brghtkds:

Hello all my name is Heather. We will be moving from NC to IN in a few weeks, AAAHHHHH!!!!! Yeah so the kids are on winter/moving break. We homeschool year round so thankfully since the move came up and came up fast, we are able to take this month off and start back up once we get moved.

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool? My two oldest, 10 and 8

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy? field trips, fun outdoor activities

2brghtkds
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:02 PM

Don't mind you asking at all! :-)

I am moving to Elkhart, IN

Quoting kirbymom: Hello! and Welcome! :)

Hi Heather. I'm Sonja. I used to live in IN. Whereabouts are you moving to,if you don't mind my asking that is?

Quoting 2brghtkds:

Heather

Mom of three

Homeschool teacher of the year!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 8, 2014 at 9:44 PM
Okay. Kool. Now is that anywhere near Indianapolis? That's where I loved for a short time.

How do you and your family like homeschooling?

Quoting 2brghtkds:

Don't mind you asking at all! :-)

I am moving to Elkhart, IN

Quoting kirbymom: Hello! and Welcome! :)

Quoting 2brghtkds:

ENVYYAYA
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:04 PM

Quoting kirbymom: Hello! :) Welcome. :)

Would you by any chance be in Florida?

Have you looked online to see if there are any homeschooling groups in your area?

Quoting ENVYYAYA:

My name is Yaya and it has been a couple of years since I have been on Cafemom. I am currently trying to find a homeschool group where i can possibly have my daughter interact with kids her age.  She is taking High School classes and I live in Osceola County. If any one has a idea of how to do this can you please email me.  Thanks

ENVYYAYA
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Yes I live in florida. i have looked for groups but i am unsuccessful. 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 14, 2014 at 1:23 PM
Have you tried searching the Yahoo groups yet?

Quoting ENVYYAYA:

Yes I live in florida. i have looked for groups but i am unsuccessful. 

BrayandRoosMom
by New Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Everyone!  My name is Kelsi and I have 3 boys... 5,3 and 1.  I haven't begun homeschooling yet but we are planning to get started next school year when my oldest starts 1st grade.  I joined this group because as I started doing research on how to get started, I feel super overwhelmed by all the choices and techniques for homeschooling.  I am hoping that you wonderful ladies can give me some advice on how to go about everything!  Can't wait to learn a lot in this group!  you rock

armyshooting photoplaying soccerbaseballbaby boy
Wife of a US Soldier and Mommy to 3 Wonderful Little Boys

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 17, 2014 at 12:04 AM
Hi Kelsi! Welcome! :)

3 boys! I have 3 boys myself. 16, 14 and 7. Of course I also have 4 girls as well. :)

Have you decided if you want to buy a curriculum or decided if you want it secular or Christian?

Quoting BrayandRoosMom:

Hi Everyone!  My name is Kelsi and I have 3 boys... 5,3 and 1.  I haven't begun homeschooling yet but we are planning to get started next school year when my oldest starts 1st grade.  I joined this group because as I started doing research on how to get started, I feel super overwhelmed by all the choices and techniques for homeschooling.  I am hoping that you wonderful ladies can give me some advice on how to go about everything!  Can't wait to learn a lot in this group!  you rock

undefined

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)