Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Say Hello and Introduce Yourself...

welcome

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. You can reply to any posts and/or start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and feel free to join in!

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool?

2. How long  have you been homeschooling?

3. What type of homeschooling do you do?

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on Homeschooling Moms & CafeMom!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:51 AM
Replies (151-160):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Apr. 1, 2014 at 3:56 PM
Hi Liz! :) Welcome to the group! :)

You may toot Desiree's horn and yours as much or as little as you want. Sounds like you are doing a great job. :)
What does Desiree like to read?

Quoting Mommy2Desiree:

Hi everyone! 

My name is Liz and Desiree is my homeschooler! She's almost 6 (June 12th) and technically a kindergardener, but she reads better than most 5th graders and is pretty smart (if I can say so myself). We're working on more of 1st and 2nd grade materials, depending on the topics.We've been homeschoolin' since birth! I mean, really, we all have been! We are more of an unschooling household, but add in some 'structure'. 

We live in sunny South-West Florida! There are a few 'groups' around us that get together, but it seems as though most have older kiddos. We have a group of a few friends that we enjoy getting together with to do lessons, feild trips and play dates with. 

Our family really enjoys museums and the outdoors. We like going on nature walks and Geocaching while we're out! Desiree loves anything in the catagory of 'science', so hands-on museums and planetariums are always sure to be a hit. We enjoy swimming, reading, crafting, bike-riding ... We like all kinds of things, and we like oing them as a family! 

undefined

Mommy2Desiree
by New Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Over the last year she's really been enjoying the Rainbow Magic Fairies. There are so many books and multiple themes (weather, pets, colors, days of the week, gems, flowers, holidays...). They are chapter books and usually we read them together (taking turns) at night. 
She also loves to read anything to do with science (we've gotten many books about space from the library).
She LOVES Liberty's Kids and there is a book out that kind of matches the shows, and she's checked that out and enjoyed it as well.  

Quoting kirbymom: Hi Liz! :) Welcome to the group! :) You may toot Desiree's horn and yours as much or as little as you want. Sounds like you are doing a great job. :) What does Desiree like to read?
Quoting Mommy2Desiree:

Hi everyone! 

My name is Liz and Desiree is my homeschooler! She's almost 6 (June 12th) and technically a kindergardener, but she reads better than most 5th graders and is pretty smart (if I can say so myself). We're working on more of 1st and 2nd grade materials, depending on the topics.We've been homeschoolin' since birth! I mean, really, we all have been! We are more of an unschooling household, but add in some 'structure'. 

We live in sunny South-West Florida! There are a few 'groups' around us that get together, but it seems as though most have older kiddos. We have a group of a few friends that we enjoy getting together with to do lessons, feild trips and play dates with. 

Our family really enjoys museums and the outdoors. We like going on nature walks and Geocaching while we're out! Desiree loves anything in the catagory of 'science', so hands-on museums and planetariums are always sure to be a hit. We enjoy swimming, reading, crafting, bike-riding ... We like all kinds of things, and we like oing them as a family! 

♥ LIZ & DESIREE ♥

"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I'm out of control and at times I'm hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe

dcateye
by New Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I am single mom that develop Homeschooler/Co-op/Alternative ( Passaic County) New Jersey

Ages; 3-10 yrs.

MomSchoolOf3
by New Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:28 PM

Hey All,

My name is Mel. I have 3 children, dd 12, & 2 ds ages 6 and 14 months. I homeschool kinder and 6th grades. This is my first year. I am using the CAVA program through k12, though next year I will probably go offline.... This program was good to start but I am ready to venture out! kMy dd is crafty, loves dance and all things hello kitty (i think she may actually be one of those girls who like it into adulthood). My ds loves football, riding his scooter and video games (when he is able to, which isnt much), Hes super excited right now that he can read, so he spends a lot time doing just that.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:07 AM
That is wonderful! My kids liked Liberty's Kids too. Although I didn't know that there was a book to match. Sounds intriguing.

Quoting Mommy2Desiree:

Over the last year she's really been enjoying the Rainbow Magic Fairies. There are so many books and multiple themes (weather, pets, colors, days of the week, gems, flowers, holidays...). They are chapter books and usually we read them together (taking turns) at night. She also loves to read anything to do with science (we've gotten many books about space from the library).She LOVES Liberty's Kids and there is a book out that kind of matches the shows, and she's checked that out and enjoyed it as well.  

Quoting kirbymom: Hi Liz! :) Welcome to the group! :)

You may toot Desiree's horn and yours as much or as little as you want. Sounds like you are doing a great job. :)
What does Desiree like to read?

Quoting Mommy2Desiree:

Hi everyone! 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Apr. 5, 2014 at 10:30 AM
Hello! Welcome! :)
Is that curriculumthat you develope or strategies?

Quoting dcateye:

I am single mom that develop Homeschooler/Co-op/Alternative ( Passaic County) New Jersey

Ages; 3-10 yrs.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Apr. 5, 2014 at 11:08 AM
Hi! :) Welcome! :)

My oldest (18) loved! Hello Kitty when she was little and still does. She even got a phone cover for her cell phone. lol
What subjects are the favorite in your family?

Quoting MomSchoolOf3:

Hey All,

My name is Mel. I have 3 children, dd 12, & 2 ds ages 6 and 14 months. I homeschool kinder and 6th grades. This is my first year. I am using the CAVA program through k12, though next year I will probably go offline.... This program was good to start but I am ready to venture out! kMy dd is crafty, loves dance and all things hello kitty (i think she may actually be one of those girls who like it into adulthood). My ds loves football, riding his scooter and video games (when he is able to, which isnt much), Hes super excited right now that he can read, so he spends a lot time doing just that.

undefined

dcateye
by New Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I am  single mom that been homeschooling off and on for couple years however school term Fall 2014 Planning full -time in Homeschooling/ALternative/Co-Op in New Jersey. My daughter is 7yrs with public school poor performance & increase tuition fee non religious private schools  along with main focus just to test to test . School rather dumb down our children then rather them learn and move forward... She attend weekly enrichment program math & have access few free program to print worksheet to go with lessons. 

placidic
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, I'm Missy!

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool?
5 kids.  Two are in college and were not homeschooled.  #3 and #4 are homeschooled and #5 is a tot.

2. How long  have you been homeschooling?

Almost finished with our 6th year.  Dd9 was 3 when we began.

3. What type of homeschooling do you do?

I guess we are eclectic with an emphasis on living literature.  We are Christ-centered.

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy?

Outdoors, Awana, Sunday School, Soccer, Swimming

kirbymom
by Sonja on Apr. 7, 2014 at 11:32 AM
Hello. :) Welcome to the group. :)
Sounds line your daughter is pretty busy. Does she have a favorite subject?

Quoting dcateye:

I am  single mom that been homeschooling off and on for couple years however school term Fall 2014 Planning full -time in Homeschooling/ALternative/Co-Op in New Jersey. My daughter is 7yrs with public school poor performance & increase tuition fee non religious private schools  along with main focus just to test to test . School rather dumb down our children then rather them learn and move forward... She attend weekly enrichment program math & have access few free program to print worksheet to go with lessons. 

undefined

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)