Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Say Hello and Introduce Yourself...

welcome

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. You can reply to any posts and/or start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and feel free to join in!

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool?

2. How long  have you been homeschooling?

3. What type of homeschooling do you do?

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on Homeschooling Moms & CafeMom!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:51 AM
Replies (161-170):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Apr. 7, 2014 at 12:53 PM
Hi Missy! :) Welcome to the group. :)

I'm Sonja.
Sounds like your family is pretty busy. Do you have a favorite something that you do above everything else?

Quoting placidic:

Hi, I'm Missy!

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool?5 kids.  Two are in college and were not homeschooled.  #3 and #4 are homeschooled and #5 is a tot.

2. How long  have you been homeschooling?

Almost finished with our 6th year.  Dd9 was 3 when we began.

I guess we are eclectic with an emphasis on living literature.  We are Christ-centered.

Outdoors, Awana, Sunday School, Soccer, Swimming

undefined

cross00928
by New Member on Apr. 10, 2014 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello ladies, my name is Christina and I am new here. 

I have 11 yr old twin daughters who are in 5th grade and in school but I am considering homeschooling and could use a ton of advice. My one twin is doing very well in school while the other is struggling. They are in different classes but of course when you hear your sister is doing very well and teachers are speaking highly of her, you tend to act out in a negative way and give up on the school work because you feel you can never amount to her success. We are considering homeschooling for my second daughter and since we live in NY I am not sure what my options are. I hope you can all point me in the right direction because at this point I am at my witts end. 

Thank you in advance! 

Christina 

dcateye
by New Member on Apr. 13, 2014 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter enjoy Science Art,Reading,Math, etc..& join local track & field classes through nearby recreational center

kirbymom
by Sonja on Apr. 15, 2014 at 2:07 PM
Hello.:) Welcome! :)
Twins. Wow. I could not imagine what it would be like having twins. The sweetness of two instead of one. :)
I think homeschooling might be the way for you and you daughter. She would get to go at her own pace instead of the majority's set schedule. Have you thought about what type of curriculum you might want to get?

Quoting cross00928:

Hello ladies, my name is Christina and I am new here. 

I have 11 yr old twin daughters who are in 5th grade and in school but I am considering homeschooling and could use a ton of advice. My one twin is doing very well in school while the other is struggling. They are in different classes but of course when you hear your sister is doing very well and teachers are speaking highly of her, you tend to act out in a negative way and give up on the school work because you feel you can never amount to her success. We are considering homeschooling for my second daughter and since we live in NY I am not sure what my options are. I hope you can all point me in the right direction because at this point I am at my witts end. 

Thank you in advance! 

Christina 

undefined

jackiNicole
by New Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Hi! I'm Jacki. I have three kids, ages 7, 4, and 3. I just took my daughter out of public school. She did really well at her other school, but we moved and had to switch to a new school. She has issues focusing (she may have adhd-my husband, FIL, and SIL all do). The teachers at her other school were so great with helping her stay on task, and as a result she always had high grades. I gave her new teacher ideas to help her stay focused, but my daughter kept bringing home incomplete work and her grades dropped dramatically. They put her in the gifted program at her new school because she is advanced, so there is a definite disconnect between her grades and her abilities. There are only 2 months left in the school year, but I am so frustrated about it. I didn't want to wait for her to finish out the year on a bad note, so I pulled her out. We are currently using the workbox system, and next year we plan on using the curriculum from Bookshark. 

As for activities, my daughter enjoys girl scouts and ballet, and we'll be trying out different sports for each of the kids :) 

Blue.passion26
by New Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this
1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool?

I have three kids. I'm trying to homeschool my oldest and my middle kids.

2. How long have you been homeschooling?

I am just getting started so any help would be great.

I'm looking to do christian homeschooling b
They love to color and build blocks.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Apr. 18, 2014 at 6:13 PM
Hi Jacki!:) Welcome!:)

Sounds like you have made a tough decision but one well worth making.

Quoting jackiNicole:

Hi! I'm Jacki. I have three kids, ages 7, 4, and 3. I just took my daughter out of public school. She did really well at her other school, but we moved and had to switch to a new school. She has issues focusing (she may have adhd-my husband, FIL, and SIL all do). The teachers at her other school were so great with helping her stay on task, and as a result she always had high grades. I gave her new teacher ideas to help her stay focused, but my daughter kept bringing home incomplete work and her grades dropped dramatically. They put her in the gifted program at her new school because she is advanced, so there is a definite disconnect between her grades and her abilities. There are only 2 months left in the school year, but I am so frustrated about it. I didn't want to wait for her to finish out the year on a bad note, so I pulled her out. We are currently using the workbox system, and next year we plan on using the curriculum from Bookshark. As for activities, my daughter enjoys girl scouts and ballet, and we'll be trying out different sports for each of the kids :) 

undefined

kirbymom
by Sonja on Apr. 18, 2014 at 6:18 PM
Hi! :) Welcome! :)

This is a great place to find advice or give advice. :)

Quoting Blue.passion26: 1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool?

I have three kids. I'm trying to homeschool my oldest and my middle kids.

2. How long have you been homeschooling?

I am just getting started so any help would be great.

I'm looking to do christian homeschooling b
They love to color and build blocks.

undefined

mommy2girls0506
by Member on Apr. 23, 2014 at 7:35 PM

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool? Have 2 girls and they both homeschool for now (we are on the fence about putting them back into school)

2. How long have you been homeschooling?  Only this year and only since November (they were in the local public school before that)

3. What type of homeschooling do you do? The by the seat of your pants kind.... Just being honest I really had no clue what I was doing and still don't really I just do my best

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy? They like being creative and being outside with our dog

Here's more details if you want..... I'm Kat and basically I feel as though sometimes I was pushed into homeschool see we moved to Hawaii back in July.  And in August when my girls started school they were in at first but then we had numerous issues with the school over my special needs daughter and then we found out her teacher hit another special needs kid and was still working at the school.... That was it and our kids were out.  I have never done home school and because of my own learning disabilties I don't know if I should.

Gingerandrea
by New Member on Apr. 24, 2014 at 9:41 PM

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool? I have 1 son and he will starting homeschool in the fall for his second grade year

2. How long have you been homeschooling?  we have not started yet i am still researching

3. What type of homeschooling do you do? We are creating a curriculum to fit our family and values

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy? my son plays piano and we are very active in cub scouting

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)