Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Say Hello and Introduce Yourself...

welcome

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. You can reply to any posts and/or start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and feel free to join in!

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool?

2. How long  have you been homeschooling?

3. What type of homeschooling do you do?

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on Homeschooling Moms & CafeMom!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:51 AM
Replies (171-180):
altmans6
by Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 10:10 AM

Good mornign everyone!!!  My name is Alicia and I am a home schooling mommy!!!  I am 46...  I have 4 girls...  23, 21. 19 and 6!!!  also grandma to a 2 month olf girl and anothr due in july!  (yes another girl!  lol)   Sammie is the only one i home school(ed)   I taught pre K in the public schools for 8 yrs and chose to home school when it was time for Sam to start K.  I am now a sahm but my hubby is self employeed so i do help him out as well.   We use Conections accedemy they Florida Virtual school. We are ending our 1st grade year and i will def. continue with this program next year!  Sammie LOVES gymnastics!   My 21 yr old is a gymnastics coach and she as well as my 19 yr olf were competitive gymnasts for many yrs!!!  I guess its in her blood   lol  we live on the west coast of Fl. and enjoy the beach, boating traveling etc.  Looking forward to getting to know other moms who do this as well!!

aurorarosepsych
by New Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 5:36 PM

Hi, I am not a homeschooler, but looking into it, especially for two of my children.  I joined this group for advice and such on doing this.  I am a stay at home mom of four.

linz04060913
by Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 9:11 PM

Hi, I guess I haven't introduced myself yet. I'm Lindsay. I currently live partially as a single mom (long story but dh lives with his mom and gives me most of his paychecks every month) and I'm a homeschooler.

1) 4 daughters, 3 are schooling actively

2) 2nd year, but last year we did k12

3) A mash up of unschooling, homeschooling, workbooks, and montessori

4) any and everything we do haha. I don't know if they'll like hiking, but that's next :D

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Apr. 28, 2014 at 7:30 AM

Quoting altmans6:

Good mornign everyone!!!  My name is Alicia and I am a home schooling mommy!!!  I am 46...  I have 4 girls...  23, 21. 19 and 6!!!  also grandma to a 2 month olf girl and anothr due in july!  (yes another girl!  lol)   Sammie is the only one i home school(ed)   I taught pre K in the public schools for 8 yrs and chose to home school when it was time for Sam to start K.  I am now a sahm but my hubby is self employeed so i do help him out as well.   We use Conections accedemy they Florida Virtual school. We are ending our 1st grade year and i will def. continue with this program next year!  Sammie LOVES gymnastics!   My 21 yr old is a gymnastics coach and she as well as my 19 yr olf were competitive gymnasts for many yrs!!!  I guess its in her blood   lol  we live on the west coast of Fl. and enjoy the beach, boating traveling etc.  Looking forward to getting to know other moms who do this as well!!

Welcome to the group! I'm Shannon and I have 2 boys ages 12.5 and 10. That's awesome that your girls can bond over gymnastics. I attempted it as a kid, but did better competitavely in huge martial arts...lol.. Welcome again!

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Apr. 28, 2014 at 7:35 AM

Quoting linz04060913:

Hi, I guess I haven't introduced myself yet. I'm Lindsay. I currently live partially as a single mom (long story but dh lives with his mom and gives me most of his paychecks every month) and I'm a homeschooler.

1) 4 daughters, 3 are schooling actively

2) 2nd year, but last year we did k12

3) A mash up of unschooling, homeschooling, workbooks, and montessori

4) any and everything we do haha. I don't know if they'll like hiking, but that's next :D

Welcome Lindsay! I'm Shannon and I homeschool my 2 boys. We also do a mash-up of a bunch of homeschool styles. Welcome again!

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Apr. 28, 2014 at 7:37 AM

Quoting aurorarosepsych:

Hi, I am not a homeschooler, but looking into it, especially for two of my children.  I joined this group for advice and such on doing this.  I am a stay at home mom of four.

Welcome! I'm Shannon and I've been homeschooling for about a decade now. This group is great for helping out those with inquiries without judgement. Feel free to ask anything and everything. Remember, the only stupid question is the one not asked! Welcome again!

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Apr. 28, 2014 at 7:39 AM

Quoting cross00928:

Hello ladies, my name is Christina and I am new here. 

I have 11 yr old twin daughters who are in 5th grade and in school but I am considering homeschooling and could use a ton of advice. My one twin is doing very well in school while the other is struggling. They are in different classes but of course when you hear your sister is doing very well and teachers are speaking highly of her, you tend to act out in a negative way and give up on the school work because you feel you can never amount to her success. We are considering homeschooling for my second daughter and since we live in NY I am not sure what my options are. I hope you can all point me in the right direction because at this point I am at my witts end. 

Thank you in advance! 

Christina 

Hi Christina, welcome to the group! I homeschool 2 very different boys, but they are 3 years different in age. I can only imagine the complications if they were twins. This group is amazing for giving advice without judgement. Feel free to ask any question! Welcome again!!

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Apr. 28, 2014 at 7:42 AM

Welcome! As a director of a co-op for kids under age 13 I can relate! It can be fun and stressful. Welcome to the group! 

Quoting dcateye:

I am single mom that develop Homeschooler/Co-op/Alternative ( Passaic County) New Jersey

Ages; 3-10 yrs.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Apr. 28, 2014 at 7:45 AM

Hi Mel, welcome to the group, I'm Shannon and I homeschool my 2 boys ages 12 & 10. That's so awesome that your son is excited to be reading, I wish my younger son would do more of that! Welcome again!

Quoting MomSchoolOf3:

Hey All,

My name is Mel. I have 3 children, dd 12, & 2 ds ages 6 and 14 months. I homeschool kinder and 6th grades. This is my first year. I am using the CAVA program through k12, though next year I will probably go offline.... This program was good to start but I am ready to venture out! kMy dd is crafty, loves dance and all things hello kitty (i think she may actually be one of those girls who like it into adulthood). My ds loves football, riding his scooter and video games (when he is able to, which isnt much), Hes super excited right now that he can read, so he spends a lot time doing just that.

Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education / KBM Creations  / Pintrest
Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Apr. 28, 2014 at 7:48 AM

Welcome to the group! Wow it sounds like you're an old pro! We are also eclectic HSers but we are more secular orientated. But I wanted to welcome you to the group! 

Quoting placidic:

Hi, I'm Missy!

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool?5 kids.  Two are in college and were not homeschooled.  #3 and #4 are homeschooled and #5 is a tot.

2. How long  have you been homeschooling?

Almost finished with our 6th year.  Dd9 was 3 when we began.

3. What type of homeschooling do you do?

I guess we are eclectic with an emphasis on living literature.  We are Christ-centered.

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy?

Outdoors, Awana, Sunday School, Soccer, Swimming

Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education / KBM Creations  / Pintrest
Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)