Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Say Hello and Introduce Yourself...

welcome

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. You can reply to any posts and/or start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and feel free to join in!

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool?

2. How long  have you been homeschooling?

3. What type of homeschooling do you do?

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on Homeschooling Moms & CafeMom!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:51 AM
Replies (181-190):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Apr. 28, 2014 at 7:53 AM

Well some to the group! I'm Shannon another one of the group mods. I used to own a martial arts studio and spend a few years as a competitive martial artist. I can tell you it is amazing for helping children become more self aware - which can aid them in group situations. What style of karate is he in? I did Kenpo (a Chinese version) and Krav Maga (an Israeli system). Welcome again! 

Quoting bcogoli:

My kids love being outside and we are enrolling the older 2 in activities this summer. Connor will be taking karate and Rosalynn will be taking ballet. My son has a hard time socializing so im hoping karate will help.

Quoting kirbymom: Lol .. yep. I kind of figured. But, it takes one to know one. You know? What else do your kids find fascinating?
Quoting bcogoli:

I love it!!!  It definatly has its challenges but its going better than I thought it would. I love being able to foster the kids interests. As you probably guessed science is one of our favorite subjects. 

Quoting kirbymom: Hello! :) Welcome! :) Sounds like you are having loadd of fun. Both of my older boyslived legos abd robots when they were young and now one is into science mechanics and the other one is into quantum mechanics . You might have a budding scientist on your hands. That is so exciting. I also have 4 daughters whom all love to dress up and dance and the older ones have a great sense of style and fashion now. lol How do you like homeschooling so far?
Quoting bcogoli:

HI, I have 3 kids, my son is 5 and my daughters are 3 and 10m.

This is my first year homeschooling but so far so good.

We are using a wide variety of programs, my son might have aspergers so we need to be very flexible. 

All my kids love reading, my son is really into robots and legos and my middle girl loves to dress up and dance. The baby just crawls around and causes trouble lol.

Im really looking forward to getting tips and ideas from more experienced moms.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Apr. 28, 2014 at 7:56 AM

Welcome Nichole! I'm Shannon one of the group mods.. I'm impatient for summer as well! I love that your kids pitch in to help cook for needy families. There is no greater lesson than teachin our kids to be aware of the needs of others. IMO. Welcome to the group!

Quoting Perfection221:

Hello,

My name is Nichole.  I have 2 children, DD is 8 and DS will be 7 in May.  I have homeschooled for 3 years now.  At first we did an online school and switched to traditional homeschool this year.  So far all is good and we love love love traditional homeschool.  Both kiddo's are doing great and my DD reading has improved 10 fold over last year iwth the online school.  We are very active in our church and my kids love all church activities.  We also volunteer to cook meal for needy familes and we all chip in to get the meals made.  Both kids are involved in Boy and Girl Scouts and I am looking into 4H for them as well.  We can't wait till summer to get back to the pool.  I look forward to being part of this group and getting to know you ladies.  Have a great and blessed day.

Nichole

Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education / KBM Creations  / Pintrest
Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

aurorarosepsych
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 7:59 AM

thanks very much!

Quoting KickButtMama:

Quoting aurorarosepsych:

Hi, I am not a homeschooler, but looking into it, especially for two of my children.  I joined this group for advice and such on doing this.  I am a stay at home mom of four.

Welcome! I'm Shannon and I've been homeschooling for about a decade now. This group is great for helping out those with inquiries without judgement. Feel free to ask anything and everything. Remember, the only stupid question is the one not asked! Welcome again!

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Apr. 28, 2014 at 7:59 AM

Welcome Wendy! I'm Shannon one of the mods of this group. I have always wanted to be a published author. Good for you in getting it out there! Are you currently homeschooling? Welcome again!

Quoting butterflyoo9:

Hi! My name is Wendy I'm a new Author, I'm also a mother of 3 beautiful children 7 year old twin girls and my 5 year old son, I'm 26 years young, from Vallejo, CA currently residing in Houston TX. My goal is to meet many mothers, connect with a lot of mothers, make new friends along my new journey and to continue making children's eBooks for children, reach out to many mothers, my goal is to become #1 bestselling author of the year and inspire millions of children! :D

Quote:What ever the mind can perceive it will achieve

Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education / KBM Creations  / Pintrest
Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

bcogoli
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 10:19 AM

That is awesome! I bet it was great to try 2 different kinds of karate. Currently he is not enrolled in karate but were enrolling him this fall, my husband is picking it so I have no idea what style he will be doing.

Quoting KickButtMama:. 

Well some to the group! I'm Shannon another one of the group mods. I used to own a martial arts studio and spend a few years as a competitive martial artist. I can tell you it is amazing for helping children become more self aware - which can aid them in group situations. What style of karate is he in? I did Kenpo (a Chinese version) and Krav Maga (an Israeli system). Welcome again! 

Quoting bcogoli:

My kids love being outside and we are enrolling the older 2 in activities this summer. Connor will be taking karate and Rosalynn will be taking ballet. My son has a hard time socializing so im hoping karate will help.

Quoting kirbymom: Lol .. yep. I kind of figured. But, it takes one to know one. You know? What else do your kids find fascinating?
Quoting bcogoli:

I love it!!!  It definatly has its challenges but its going better than I thought it would. I love being able to foster the kids interests. As you probably guessed science is one of our favorite subjects. 

Quoting kirbymom: Hello! :) Welcome! :) Sounds like you are having loadd of fun. Both of my older boyslived legos abd robots when they were young and now one is into science mechanics and the other one is into quantum mechanics . You might have a budding scientist on your hands. That is so exciting. I also have 4 daughters whom all love to dress up and dance and the older ones have a great sense of style and fashion now. lol How do you like homeschooling so far?
Quoting bcogoli:

HI, I have 3 kids, my son is 5 and my daughters are 3 and 10m.

This is my first year homeschooling but so far so good.

We are using a wide variety of programs, my son might have aspergers so we need to be very flexible. 

All my kids love reading, my son is really into robots and legos and my middle girl loves to dress up and dance. The baby just crawls around and causes trouble lol.

Im really looking forward to getting tips and ideas from more experienced moms.

sarah_beth
by Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Hello, my name is Sarah. 

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool? I have three boys. So far we plan on homeschooling the 2 younger ones.

2. How long  have you been homeschooling? Haven't started yet, but will at the end of this summer.

3. What type of homeschooling do you do? Don't know yet.

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy? Music/band, art, legos, video games, climbing trees, etc.

momma_stillings
by New Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Hi I'm Ash. I'm currently not homeschooling, my oldest is only 19 months, but my husband and I are talking about homeschooling our children. I joined hoping to find moms who are willing to point me in the right direction and maybe give some pointers!

night.magic
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:29 PM

Hi, My name is Paula. I've enrolled my 15 year old into Time4Learning. Looking for other parents to connect with that can help me learn my way around that site. Im a cm veteran, but have not accessed this site in many mmonths.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:02 PM

Welcome to the group Sarah! I'm Shannon and I homeschool my 2 boys. I've been at this for about a decade now. Don't be shy about asking questions, we have a fantastic group of ladies in this group. Welcome again!

Quoting sarah_beth:

Hello, my name is Sarah. 

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool? I have three boys. So far we plan on homeschooling the 2 younger ones.

2. How long  have you been homeschooling? Haven't started yet, but will at the end of this summer.

3. What type of homeschooling do you do? Don't know yet.

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy? Music/band, art, legos, video games, climbing trees, etc.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Hi Ash, welcome to the group! I'm Shannon and I've been homeschooling my 2 boys for about a decade. I began when my eldest was about 3 years old. But really we've always been homeschoolers. It's kinda a way of life. We have a great group of moms here, welcome again to the group! 

Quoting momma_stillings:

Hi I'm Ash. I'm currently not homeschooling, my oldest is only 19 months, but my husband and I are talking about homeschooling our children. I joined hoping to find moms who are willing to point me in the right direction and maybe give some pointers!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN