Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Say Hello and Introduce Yourself...

welcome

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. You can reply to any posts and/or start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and feel free to join in!

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool?

2. How long  have you been homeschooling?

3. What type of homeschooling do you do?

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on Homeschooling Moms & CafeMom!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:51 AM
Replies (21-30):
tntmom1027
by Member on Jan. 18, 2014 at 12:24 AM

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool? I have one child that we homeschool

2. How long  have you been homeschooling? Just started about 10 days ago. :) 

3. What type of homeschooling do you do? Torren is 6 and was in Kindergarten(dang cut off date), so we have been doing a fairly free flowing schooling. We are still getting the feel for where he is really at academically and the bests ways for him to learn. 

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy? Torren loves anything science related, loves art and music(I have started to teach him the clarinet). 

We started homeschooling because 1: he was bored in school as he already knew most of the material. and 2: the school started loosing him. He did wander a bit but it was more an issue of them leaving him behind(in the classroom etc) and THEN he would wander.  My husband also wasn't impressed with the way they would color grade his behavior each day and that they were downgrading him when they would leave him behind.. Turned out that they had told him NOT to cut in the walk line and to stay behind the person who was supposed to be in front, so the teacher would leave and then child in front wouldn't go so neither would Torren(being the very literal child he is) and he would get punished after they realized(sometimes 5 mins later) that the other child and he was missing..

2brghtkds
by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Yeah it is up North of Indi about 2 or 3 hours.

We ove homeschool. The kids are loving this break, lol. But can't wait to get back into the groove of things once we move and get settled.

Quoting kirbymom: Okay. Kool. Now is that anywhere near Indianapolis? That's where I loved for a short time.

How do you and your family like homeschooling?

Quoting 2brghtkds:

Don't mind you asking at all! :-)

I am moving to Elkhart, IN

Quoting kirbymom: Hello! and Welcome! :)

Hi Heather. I'm Sonja. I used to live in IN. Whereabouts are you moving to,if you don't mind my asking that is?

Quoting 2brghtkds:

Hello all my name is Heather. We will be moving from NC to IN in a few weeks, AAAHHHHH!!!!! Yeah so the kids are on winter/moving break. We homeschool year round so thankfully since the move came up and came up fast, we are able to take this month off and start back up once we get moved.

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool? My two oldest, 10 and 8

2. How long  have you been homeschooling? Two years

3. What type of homeschooling do you do? a little bit of everything

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy? field trips, fun outdoor activities

MamaEl15
by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 2:02 PM

Hi everyone!  I am a SAHM with two beautiful daughters, 6 yrs old and 18 months.  My 6 yr old is currently in Kindergarten a Private Christian School.  We are most likely going to let her finish the school year there, but then take her out to homeschool her.  She is bored and was bored in PK too.  I am pretty sure the only reason she likes going to school is to see her friends.  

I am both scared about homeschooling and exhilarated by it at the same time!  We do have concerns about socializing her and her sister, especially with their age gaps.  Also we are concerned about how I will be able to teach her at home and take care of our toddler too.

Any suggestions, advice?

Thanks!

Tara8238
by on Jan. 20, 2014 at 10:41 PM

Hi! My name is Tara and I'm the proud Mom of two boys. Jacob, 9 and Logan, 4 and we are currently expecting our third baby in June. First and foremost, I am a Mother and it is honestly the most rewarding thing I have ever done (as I'm sure all Mom's say). We love spending time as a family and are even considering homeschooling our 4 year old and possibly the new baby as well, my older son is already involved in the public school system and he is content where he is at this time. I'm excited to become part of this group of Moms who already homeschool because I'm sure I'll have a hundred questions. 

Aside from being a Mom, I enjoy reading as many books as I can possibly get my hands on (and that I have time for), sewing and crafting, and our whole family has a passion for animals. We currently have two dogs, both Labs who are brothers, and they are definitely considered part of the family. Our boys aren't very active in sports although we have tried, but like doing other things like museums and going to the library.  My oldest is interested in boy scouts which is something we are looking into. 

I'm looking forward to meeting some new friends and sharing stories, ideas, and laughs with each other.

mlefferts
by on Jan. 21, 2014 at 10:17 AM

Hi all!

I'm Meghan, currently a SAHM and we are looking to snowbird, so traditional school will not work anymore. The place we are looking to homebase currently offers K12 and Calvert through the county for free. 

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool? I have a girl (4) in PreK and a boy (7) in 1st both currently in public school.

2. How long  have you been homeschooling? Haven't started yet!

3. What type of homeschooling do you do? Considering k12 and Calvert, not sure

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy? museums, aquariums, bicycling, swimming, kayaking, bowling, etc

BrayandRoosMom
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 2:07 PM

kirbymom-

boys are SOO much fun!!!  But they keep me on my toes for sure!  Wow 7 kiddos!  You are a busy mama!!!  I think we decided that we want to do a Christian based curriculum.  But I'm not sure if I want to buy a curriculum or make my own.  I know I like abeka a lot and my son is used to them since his preschool and part of his kindergarten were using that.  But I checked into sonlight today too and that seems really neat.  There are so many choices it's kind of overwhelming. LOL

Quoting kirbymom: Hi Kelsi! Welcome! :)

3 boys! I have 3 boys myself. 16, 14 and 7. Of course I also have 4 girls as well. :)

Have you decided if you want to buy a curriculum or decided if you want it secular or Christian?

Quoting BrayandRoosMom:

Hi Everyone!  My name is Kelsi and I have 3 boys... 5,3 and 1.  I haven't begun homeschooling yet but we are planning to get started next school year when my oldest starts 1st grade.  I joined this group because as I started doing research on how to get started, I feel super overwhelmed by all the choices and techniques for homeschooling.  I am hoping that you wonderful ladies can give me some advice on how to go about everything!  Can't wait to learn a lot in this group!  you rock

armyshooting photoplaying soccerbaseballbaby boy
Wife of a US Soldier and Mommy to 3 Wonderful Little Boys

sstepph
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 6:14 PM

Hiii. 

I'm Stephanie. 

I have a 5 year old son, and right now he does attend preschool 3 days a week, for 2 1/2 hours, but we're starting homeschool next year for Kindergarden. =) We're looking forward to this new journey! 

*
yes. there are two paths you can go by. but in the long run. there's still time to change the road you're on.
                          -led.zeppelin

boomom1973
by on Jan. 22, 2014 at 9:55 PM
We also live in Osceola County. I have a daughter in high school. I haven't found a group for high schoolers either.

Quoting ENVYYAYA:

Yes I live in florida. i have looked for groups but i am unsuccessful. 

Cafe MichelleP
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:18 PM

Hi Stephanie! Welcome to the group.

Are you excited to start homeschooling your son next year?

Quoting sstepph:

Hiii. 

I'm Stephanie. 

I have a 5 year old son, and right now he does attend preschool 3 days a week, for 2 1/2 hours, but we're starting homeschool next year for Kindergarden. =) We're looking forward to this new journey! 

Cafe MichelleP
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:20 PM

Hi Meghan.

When will you be starting homeschool? Are your kids excited about it?

Quoting mlefferts:

Hi all!

I'm Meghan, currently a SAHM and we are looking to snowbird, so traditional school will not work anymore. The place we are looking to homebase currently offers K12 and Calvert through the county for free. 

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool? I have a girl (4) in PreK and a boy (7) in 1st both currently in public school.

2. How long  have you been homeschooling? Haven't started yet!

3. What type of homeschooling do you do? Considering k12 and Calvert, not sure

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy? museums, aquariums, bicycling, swimming, kayaking, bowling, etc

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN