Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Say Hello and Introduce Yourself...

welcome

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. You can reply to any posts and/or start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and feel free to join in!

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool?

2. How long  have you been homeschooling?

3. What type of homeschooling do you do?

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on Homeschooling Moms & CafeMom!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:51 AM
Replies (241-250):
sweetr0se
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 2:33 AM
1 mom liked this

A number of reasons..

Well the first reason is because of the transportation issues, we fell on some hard times and are with out a vehicle and they refused to bus him. So he had to take the regular transit to and from being picked up on main street, I was very worried about his safety.

The second reason is, I am so sick of fighting the school system because he's got ADHD and they refuse to deal with the issue. They keep telling me to get him on meds and get him in therapy, thinking that it's just a fix all. They kept him from trips and refuse to do an IEP telling me it would just be a waste of time because he's an A student. So he falls into this grey area where he's in trouble all the time because of a disability he has instead of trying to do something about it.

Third he isn't fitting in well because of his lack of ability to pay attention in class so some of his classmates would tease him for the questions he wouls ask in school. He can't carry a conversation that isn't about his interests because he can't pay attention for that long. 

So i want to online school him to build his confidence, teach him how to socialize more, be all hands on when he does his homework, and i want a lot of communcation between me and the teacher. Plus I want to find techniques that will help him overcome some of his anxiety and help him to keep focused when he's tesitng or doing homework.

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Welcome to the group Jessica. We are glad to have you. What prompted you to homeschool?

Quoting sweetr0se:

Hello my name is Jessica! I am VERY new to homeschooling a child, this will be my child's first year not in a brick and mortar school and not yet fully enrolled but very interested in it.

I have two children! My daugher lives with her father and I have a stepson who I want to homeschool.

I have never homeschooled before

3. What type of homeschooling do you do?

I want to enroll my child in connections academy (online school)

Right now he enjoys playing xbox, gaming, and collecting rocks! He has an interest in nature and science.

jessie_jra
by New Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 5:23 AM

hi my name is jessica,

im completely new to doing homeschooling and have been interested in starting my kids as soon as they hit 3rd grade. just would like to see how other moms have done it with other children still at home and also how the homeschooling child gets social time in. 

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jul. 10, 2014 at 1:06 PM

Welcome to the group Jessica, we are glad to have you.

Will you be starting homeschooling this fall?

Quoting jessie_jra:

hi my name is jessica,

im completely new to doing homeschooling and have been interested in starting my kids as soon as they hit 3rd grade. just would like to see how other moms have done it with other children still at home and also how the homeschooling child gets social time in. 

crzy4crm
by Member on Jul. 13, 2014 at 8:13 AM
Hi, I'm Wendy.

1. I have 3 kids. 13 (next Sunday) yr old daughter and twin 10 yr old sons. Daughter went back to school (private) last yr after homeschooling for four yrs. boys are still homeschooled.
2. Homeschooling for 5 yrs now.
3. We use Christian curriculum and whatever life throws at us.
4. One twin is always outdoors and loves fishing, hunting, and building. The other twin likes Legos, comics, and movies. We mostly stick around the house. They are homebodies. :)
SpiritedWitch
by New Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:21 AM

HI!!! I'm Amber and I am a former home schooler from NC. 

I only had one child (son ... Brian) and he is the only one I home schooled.

2. How long have you been homeschooling? 
I home schooled him 7-12th grade (1998 - 2004) while attending college myself (2 yrs at community college and began working on my BS in criminal justice)

3. What type of homeschooling do you do?
I tailored it to fit the way he learned. Some was book learning, others was "life learning" (AMA about it). I spent the first year learning how best to teach him and getting rid of the public school mind set. There were A LOT of power struggles that year.  

Anything that got him away from teacher mom ... LOL

duets
by New Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Hello, I'm new to the group.  Looking forward to our first year of home schooling, & getting advice from Mom's here who have helpful advise, and making new friends

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool? 2 & 2

2. How long  have you been homeschooling? This will be our first year.  

3. What type of homeschooling do you do?  K12

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy?  Martial Arts, Piano, Band

mollymcleod
by New Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 3:33 PM

I have two kids, Charles (5) and Eleanor (3 weeks). I will begin to homeschool Charles in the fall.

I will start in the fall.

3. What type of homeschooling do you do?

I didn't realize there were different types. I'm a bit lost on how to begin; I've done a bit of research, but it is still really confusing.

He enjoys building things, knocking things down, he doesn't like to color, write, or read; however, he can do it.

NightSky1701
by New Member on Jul. 19, 2014 at 8:41 AM
Hi! My name is Angela. I have 3 children, 7, 2 and 8 months. Ill be going into my 3rd year of homeschooling. My daughter will be in 2nd grade. We do a mix of things since I design my own curriculum. Its more work but saves a ton of money. I'm so happy to find an active group on here! I have tons of questions for other moms!
jolieluvlee
by New Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Hi, my name is LaPorcha, I'm a 28 year old married stay at home mom.

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool? I have two kids, a 6 year old girl and an 8 year old boy. I plan to begin homeschooling them this year.

2. How long  have you been homeschooling? This will be my first year. *nervous*

3. What type of homeschooling do you do? Umm, haven't started yet. But I'm leaning towards a more eclectic approach.

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy? Swimming, helping me cook, bike riding, and reading.

rubiesworth718
by New Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 8:25 PM

Hey Everyone! 

1) How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool? I have one 6 year old daughter. I plan to begin homeschooling her starting this September.

2) How long have you been homeschooling? This will be my first year! :) 

3) What type of homeschooling do you do? I don't know if I'm going to have a specific type, I just plan using Christian based curriculum. 

4) What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy?I only have one daughter, but she LOVES to help me cook and bake. She loves going to the park, going to the library, riding her bike, and going to the beach. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)