Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Say Hello and Introduce Yourself...

welcome

Welcome to Homeschooling Moms!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. You can reply to any posts and/or start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and feel free to join in!

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool?

2. How long  have you been homeschooling?

3. What type of homeschooling do you do?

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on Homeschooling Moms & CafeMom!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 9:51 AM
Replies (31-40):
Cafe MichelleP
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2014 at 10:22 PM

Hi Tara. Welcome and congratulations on your soon to be here little one.

What genre of books do you enjoy the most?

Quoting Tara8238:

Hi! My name is Tara and I'm the proud Mom of two boys. Jacob, 9 and Logan, 4 and we are currently expecting our third baby in June. First and foremost, I am a Mother and it is honestly the most rewarding thing I have ever done (as I'm sure all Mom's say). We love spending time as a family and are even considering homeschooling our 4 year old and possibly the new baby as well, my older son is already involved in the public school system and he is content where he is at this time. I'm excited to become part of this group of Moms who already homeschool because I'm sure I'll have a hundred questions. 

Aside from being a Mom, I enjoy reading as many books as I can possibly get my hands on (and that I have time for), sewing and crafting, and our whole family has a passion for animals. We currently have two dogs, both Labs who are brothers, and they are definitely considered part of the family. Our boys aren't very active in sports although we have tried, but like doing other things like museums and going to the library.  My oldest is interested in boy scouts which is something we are looking into. 

I'm looking forward to meeting some new friends and sharing stories, ideas, and laughs with each other.

Tara8238
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 12:17 AM

I truly do love ALL types of books.  A few of my favorite authors being Ted Dekker, Stephen King, and Frank Peretti.  

Quoting Cafe MichelleP:

Hi Tara. Welcome and congratulations on your soon to be here little one.

What genre of books do you enjoy the most?

Quoting Tara8238:

Hi! My name is Tara and I'm the proud Mom of two boys. Jacob, 9 and Logan, 4 and we are currently expecting our third baby in June. First and foremost, I am a Mother and it is honestly the most rewarding thing I have ever done (as I'm sure all Mom's say). We love spending time as a family and are even considering homeschooling our 4 year old and possibly the new baby as well, my older son is already involved in the public school system and he is content where he is at this time. I'm excited to become part of this group of Moms who already homeschool because I'm sure I'll have a hundred questions. 

Aside from being a Mom, I enjoy reading as many books as I can possibly get my hands on (and that I have time for), sewing and crafting, and our whole family has a passion for animals. We currently have two dogs, both Labs who are brothers, and they are definitely considered part of the family. Our boys aren't very active in sports although we have tried, but like doing other things like museums and going to the library.  My oldest is interested in boy scouts which is something we are looking into. 

I'm looking forward to meeting some new friends and sharing stories, ideas, and laughs with each other.

jessymoka
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi!
I'm Jessica.
I am a mother of four, homeschooling my older three.
My oldest, Austin is 16 years old and a sophomore. My daughter Kaylee is 12 and in 6th grade. My son Brayden just turned 6 and is in Kindergarten. I also have a 6 month old daughter Lainey.
We are in our 5th year of homeschooling.
We attend a co-op on Mondays. After co-op we come home and the kids pursue learning about their interests. Tuesday through Friday we use Switched on Schoolhouse and Teaching Textbooks for my older two. My kindergartner I use an eclectic approach, until I can switch him to computerized learning.
We like to have fun and be wacky. I love having my kids home with me. I love watching them learn, help each other, and develop owe bonded relationships with each other.
My husband Wayne and I have been married 17 years.
We live in NW Indiana, and are considered Chicagoland.
jessymoka
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 3:04 PM
I see you are moving to Elkhart.
I have to tell you... You are not terribly far from Soutbend.
In Southbend they have a pizza place called Polito's. They have the most amazing pizza (23 lbs) and philly cheese steaks.
I also hear their vodka sauce is to die for with their pasta.

Just an FYI.

Quoting 2brghtkds:

Yeah it is up North of Indi about 2 or 3 hours.

We ove homeschool. The kids are loving this break, lol. But can't wait to get back into the groove of things once we move and get settled.

Quoting kirbymom: Okay. Kool. Now is that anywhere near Indianapolis? That's where I loved for a short time.

How do you and your family like homeschooling?

Quoting 2brghtkds:

Don't mind you asking at all! :-)

I am moving to Elkhart, IN

Quoting kirbymom: Hello! and Welcome! :)

Hi Heather. I'm Sonja. I used to live in IN. Whereabouts are you moving to,if you don't mind my asking that is?

Quoting 2brghtkds:

Hello all my name is Heather. We will be moving from NC to IN in a few weeks, AAAHHHHH!!!!! Yeah so the kids are on winter/moving break. We homeschool year round so thankfully since the move came up and came up fast, we are able to take this month off and start back up once we get moved.

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool? My two oldest, 10 and 8

2. How long  have you been homeschooling? Two years

3. What type of homeschooling do you do? a little bit of everything

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy? field trips, fun outdoor activities

M_May-Rafferty
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, my name is Michele.  We live in SW Colorado.  I have two boys, CJ will be 7 on Feb 27, and Brian is 5.  We are also expecting our first girl on April 5th!!  I've been homeschooling Brian for about 6 months, mainly just "unschooling" him.  CJ is in 1st grade, and his last day of public school was yesterday.  Public school was just overwhelming him, and then they gave him gluten, in which he has an intolerance to and they know it.  I'm going to start off with turning his "hate to read" into "love to read."  He loves math and games, and is a logical thinker.  Once he becomes more comfortable with reading, then I'll start both boys on some unit studies for subjects like math and english, and they want to learn about the planets and space, so we'll get them going on that.  Not sure yet what we'll do with social studies, if I want to do unit studies or let them pick what they want to learn, then just get books and use the internet to teach them.  I've always wanted to homeschool my children, and I'm excited to get to do that now!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

torilee03
by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Glad to join the group! My name is Tori and I am the mother of 3. I have two girls currently homeschooling using Alpha Omega Lifepacs. They are in K and 2nd grade. I also have a 9 month old son. This is our first year homeschooling and loving it so far!!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 27, 2014 at 3:10 PM
Hi Tori. Welcome! :)

Keeping busy no doubt with a nine month old and homeschooling. They are so adorable and cute.
May I ask what interested you in homeschooling?

Quoting torilee03:

Glad to join the group! My name is Tori and I am the mother of 3. I have two girls currently homeschooling using Alpha Omega Lifepacs. They are in K and 2nd grade. I also have a 9 month old son. This is our first year homeschooling and loving it so far!!

undefined

torilee03
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this

My oldest dd was in the 1st grade and going to public school. She was getting into trouble for being bored because she had previously tested advanced...the problem was that the school district we lived in would not give her advanced work and they do not offer any type of gifted program until the 4th grade. I thought that it was really sad that there are all of these programs that will help children with learning disabilities ( which is very needed as well) but, they would offer nothing to help my dd blossom. So, I took it into my own hands and decided to homeschool her and my younger dd that is in K. :)

Quoting kirbymom: Hi Tori. Welcome! :)

Keeping busy no doubt with a nine month old and homeschooling. They are so adorable and cute.

Quoting torilee03:

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 27, 2014 at 6:22 PM
Aww. That is just sad. Well, they will definitely blossom learning at home, a place they feel safe and protected and above all, they can learn at their own pace. Does your oldest have any particular interests yet?

Quoting torilee03:

My oldest dd was in the 1st grade and going to public school. She was getting into trouble for being bored beecause she had previously tested advanced...the problem was that the school district we lived in would not give her advanced work and they do not offer any type of gifted program until the 4th grade. I thought that it was really sad that there are all of these programs that will help children with learning disabilities ( which is very needed as well) but, they would offer nothing to help my dd blossom. So, I took it into my own hands and decided to homeschool her and my younger dd that is in K. :)

Quoting torilee03:

torilee03
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this

She is very good in History, Math, and Art. I love homeschooling. Actually, I was the hesitant parent about trying it, but I am so glad that I did. My day is hectic with homeschooling, the house, and a 9 month old...but having seen the progress that both of my dd's have made in such a short time...I could never go back. :)

Quoting kirbymom: Aww. That is just sad. Well, they will definitely blossom learning at home, a place they feel safe and protected and above all, they can learn at their own pace. Does your oldest have any particular interests yet?

Quoting torilee03:

My oldest dd was in the 1st grade and going to public school. She was getting into trouble for being bored beecause she had previously tested advanced...the problem was that the school district we lived in would not give her advanced work and they do not offer any type of gifted program until the 4th grade. I thought that it was really sad that there are all of these programs that will help children with learning disabilities ( which is very needed as well) but, they would offer nothing to help my dd blossom. So, I took it into my own hands and decided to homeschool her and my younger dd that is in K. :)

Quoting torilee03:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN