Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

First year...

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 7:26 PM
  • 5 Replies

Has anyone seen a difference in your child's behavior since beginning HS?  My two are 5 and 7.  13 months apart.  They have done great with school but have been horrible at behaving.  I have a one year old as well and I can't get them to mind at all...

Wondered if maybe it was the change from K and Pre-K to being home with mommy everyday...

by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 8:02 PM
2 moms liked this
They are not use to being home together all the time. My kids did that for a bit their first year(now 8 and 6), they are also 13 months apart with a younger brother and sister (now 3 and 4).

We do daily nap time for 1.5 hours a day. They read or play quietly in their rooms. It gives them a break from each other and a break for me as well. It helps.

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Dec. 31, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Mine are older, 10.5(girl) and 11.5(boy), 11 months apart.  They have been home since July (end of the last school year).  They fight all the time.  They have their moments when they are best friends, then one annoys the other and they are back to fighting. 

I'm hoping it gets better with time.  I agree with having them take a break/rest time.  I try to get my kids to, but I leave for work in the afternoons so they are kind of 'alone' (DH works nights, so he sleeps for the frist couple hours I am gone).  Maybe it would be better to have them take that time to be alone now that I think about it.  They did it today since we are staying up late, and they have actually been really good (and it's an hour past their normal bedtime now and they are still being good)...maybe the rest is the key.

PurpleCupcake
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 9:06 PM

My daughter's self esteem, attitude and general happiness has improved so much that even the librarian noticed. 

She practically glows. So glad I took her out of the ps system.

My son also seems much happier. 

3bizzyheadz
by on Dec. 31, 2013 at 9:22 PM

When I ask my son (7) if he wants to return to public school, he always says no. My daughter says no as well. He asks daily to do school since we have taken a break for the holidays.  So these small things make me feel great.  I just wish they would mind.  It's driving me crazy with the not listening.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Try the break and keep them busy. We bought puzzles, coloring books and a trampoline. Along with their regular chores, toys and school work.

If your kids are anything like mine down time is a big no no. They fight, break things and act like crazy people.

Quoting 3bizzyheadz:

When I ask my son (7) if he wants to return to public school, he always says no. My daughter says no as well. He asks daily to do school since we have taken a break for the holidays.  So these small things make me feel great.  I just wish they would mind.  It's driving me crazy with the not listening.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN