Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

New Year resolutions!

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:13 AM
  • 33 Replies
Let's hear them.
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2014 at 12:48 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't do resolutions but I do goals.

My goals are:

To continue to make my food myself from the freshest ingredients I can and yet make it as easy as I can for myself. I do this by making a bigger recipe than I can eat and freezing 3/4s of it so I have meals later too.

To do the best in my new job I possibly can adjusting to not being home nearly as much and simultaneously encouraging my adult kids to "fly" more because I'm not. At the same time I'm planning on recouping some savings I spent when my girl went to India and my son went to college. That was supposed to be for a new roof which we will need soon. LOL

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 2, 2014 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I am going to try to be a better teacher this year.
twyliatepeka
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Be more organized and keep a better schedule. I make this one often, hoping I have grown into it this year. lol :)

TidewaterClan
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I signed up for the USAF Half Marathon at Wright Patt AFB.  I've done it before, but it's been a few years.  You should do it with me Mem!  It's in September and they give 6 hours to finish.  No need for speed is my motto!

Add more vegetarian dishes to our diet, along with fresh (or fresh frozen) fruits and veg.

Have our schoolwork ready to roll each Sunday night so I don't postpone art or science labs.

Be a better person than I was last year.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 11:07 AM
2 moms liked this

Mine is to get more organized.  I am going on a week of trying to figure out what curriculum I have, what I need, what can go and what we are going to use the rest of this year.  I am regretting this resolution so much right now!  And it does not help that everyone in my family needs me to do something with them or they can not do it.  I swear my husband needs to take the kids and leave for the whole day so I can just get done.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

These are great goals!  I think I'll just steal yours (and maybe next year I'll work on not being lazy! LOL)  I'll skip the half marathon, but I'm signed up for 2 - 5k "races."

Quoting TidewaterClan:

I signed up for the USAF Half Marathon at Wright Patt AFB.  I've done it before, but it's been a few years.  You should do it with me Mem!  It's in September and they give 6 hours to finish.  No need for speed is my motto!

Add more vegetarian dishes to our diet, along with fresh (or fresh frozen) fruits and veg.

Have our schoolwork ready to roll each Sunday night so I don't postpone art or science labs.

TidewaterClan
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Steal away!

5ks are great fun. It's motivating to be out with other runners & walkers. The USAF races rock because the medals they give out are huge. The marathon one itself is the size of a dinner plate and the half is good for salads. Well, not quite that big but they're the best dh & I have ever seen.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

These are great goals!  I think I'll just steal yours (and maybe next year I'll work on not being lazy! LOL)  I'll skip the half marathon, but I'm signed up for 2 - 5k "races."

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Precious333
by Julia on Jan. 3, 2014 at 11:38 AM
Love your first one. I need to try that!

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

I don't do resolutions but I do goals.

My goals are:

To continue to make my food myself from the freshest ingredients I can and yet make it as easy as I can for myself. I do this by making a bigger recipe than I can eat and freezing 3/4s of it so I have meals later too.

To do the best in my new job I possibly can adjusting to not being home nearly as much and simultaneously encouraging my adult kids to "fly" more because I'm not. At the same time I'm planning on recouping some savings I spent when my girl went to India and my son went to college. That was supposed to be for a new roof which we will need soon. LOL

Precious333
by Julia on Jan. 3, 2014 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this
To yell less :)
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I've always wanted to do a marathon! The only thing holding me back (literally) is a knee with little cartilage. I am trying to work up the courage to get it examined again since it hasn't been looked at in several years. I found that strengthening the muscles that hold the knee together has improved my life considerably. 8)

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN