Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Hello! :)

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 4:17 AM
  • 10 Replies
3 moms liked this
Hi my name is Cherie. Here are my answers to the introduction post! Im pretty open so you can ask me anything!!

1. How many kids do you have and how many do you homeschool? I have 5 kids. 2 that are in school and being home schooled

2. How long have you been homeschooling? This is my first yr. My ds is 8 and in 3rd. I started homeschooling him at the beginning of tje school yr. My dd 7 in 2nd grade I decided to homeschool as well at the beginning of december.

3. What type of homeschooling do you do? It is through the school district. We have wkly meetings with their teacher on Wednesdays.

4. What kinds of activities do your kids enjoy? Everything. Bike riding, swimming, running around at the park.
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 4:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PurpleCupcake
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 8:33 AM
2 moms liked this

Welcome!

TidewaterClan
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:00 AM
Welcome to the group! I have a 3rd grader and a 6th grader. This is our first year too.

How do you like going through your district?
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome. I have 4 and my oldest two are the same age as yours.

They are in 1st and 2nd do to their Jan and Dec birthdays respectively.

I have 3 girls and 1 boy. My son is my 3rd child however and we have been homeschooling for about 3 years.
mommieof1b4g
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Its nice. We have a really good district. All the schools here are nice.

Quoting TidewaterClan: Welcome to the group! I have a 3rd grader and a 6th grader. This is our first year too.

usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 2, 2014 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome Cherie! 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 2, 2014 at 6:02 PM
Hi Cherie. Welcome to the group! :)
How are you liking homeschooling so far?
mommieof1b4g
by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 9:02 PM
1 mom liked this
best thing i ever did!! even with my hubbys fam not agreeing with it. i love it!!
Quoting kirbymom: Hi Cherie. Welcome to the group! :)
How are you liking homeschooling so far?
TidewaterClan
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Our district didn't offer anything like that.  Does yours provide the books?  

Quoting mommieof1b4g: Its nice. We have a really good district. All the schools here are nice.

Quoting TidewaterClan: Welcome to the group! I have a 3rd grader and a 6th grader. This is our first year too.

mommieof1b4g
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes i have all the books & work. Your district actually might. I only knew about because I was going through an adult online diploma course that our school district offered & they also did homeschool for elementray-highschool. when we moved I had to asked at the district office in our new town & they also had the homeschool. go on your district site & look through ALL their school. look for an adult program & a lot of time the home school program is through the same thing as the adult school. but i will bet they have it. you just have to dig a little to find it. i hate that the districts dont tell parents about the homeschool option through the schools. I was so stressed out about how i was going to home school them & if i was going to be able to find a program that i could keep up with. The one we are at now, when we first signed the teachers there asked how i found out about them & i said i had asked and they didnt really have a lot of info for me. she said that they have been there for almost 20 yrs. & it was not until the past few yrs that even a lot of the ladies in the district new they were there. most teachers dont even know about the home school options they have. you have to google it and look on the district site & ask all the district ppl. first ask if they have a homeschool program, if they say no or idk then ask if they have an alternative high school option, then if they have an adult school program for adults to get their diplomas. if they have either of those then get the number for it & call them and ask them if they offer homeschool for lower grades. so many ppl within our district had NO idea we even have the pep+ home school program.
Quoting TidewaterClan:

Quoting mommieof1b4g: Its nice. We have a really good district. All the schools here are nice.

TidewaterClan
by on Jan. 4, 2014 at 11:20 AM

That's a super alternative to K12, plus cost effective with the books provided.

I looked through ours before I began this year and they had some information on extended illness going through the district but the wording was pretty "don't ask if it's not an emergency!" I'll check out the adult school.  When I talked to the principal at the elementary last year he didn't mention any options: imagine that!

Quoting mommieof1b4g: Yes i have all the books & work. Your district actually might. I only knew about because I was going through an adult online diploma course that our school district offered & they also did homeschool for elementray-highschool. when we moved I had to asked at the district office in our new town & they also had the homeschool. go on your district site & look through ALL their school. look for an adult program & a lot of time the home school program is through the same thing as the adult school. but i will bet they have it. you just have to dig a little to find it. i hate that the districts dont tell parents about the homeschool option through the schools. I was so stressed out about how i was going to home school them & if i was going to be able to find a program that i could keep up with. The one we are at now, when we first signed the teachers there asked how i found out about them & i said i had asked and they didnt really have a lot of info for me. she said that they have been there for almost 20 yrs. & it was not until the past few yrs that even a lot of the ladies in the district new they were there. most teachers dont even know about the home school options they have. you have to google it and look on the district site & ask all the district ppl. first ask if they have a homeschool program, if they say no or idk then ask if they have an alternative high school option, then if they have an adult school program for adults to get their diplomas. if they have either of those then get the number for it & call them and ask them if they offer homeschool for lower grades. so many ppl within our district had NO idea we even have the pep+ home school program.
Quoting TidewaterClan:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)