Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

School ADD isn't Homeschool ADD

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 3:27 PM
BJ
  • 13 Replies
3 moms liked this

I found this a beautiful read & thought that some of you might find inspiration in it!

CLICK TO READ

by on Jan. 2, 2014 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hwblyf
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 5:07 PM

An awesome read.  Thank you for always sharing your great finds!

usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 2, 2014 at 5:26 PM

Your welcome,I know I can't be the only one that needs this kind of inspiration from time to time.

Quoting hwblyf:

An awesome read.  Thank you for always sharing your great finds!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 2, 2014 at 5:37 PM
Oh wow. That was great read, BJ! Thanks for sharing it with us. :)
usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 2, 2014 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Your welcome, I thought it was great & very encouraging!

Quoting kirbymom: Oh wow. That was great read, BJ! Thanks for sharing it with us. :)

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 6:10 PM
That little boys sounds alot like my oldest girl. Minus the allergies and asthma. She is something else. I have to ensure I engage her whole mind in what she is reading and leaning in history. Though she will do math and science all day long!
Precious333
by Silver Member on Jan. 2, 2014 at 6:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Nice! Dh was diagnosed with adhd as teen, actually self diagnosed himself and then they diagnosed him later. My oldest ds is very similar. Anyways, this is very encouraging and a reminder why I homeschool.
romacox
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 12:28 PM

Wow! That is an amazing article.  I am going to share this in other places.  Thank you usmom3... you are a wealth of information

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 12:46 PM
I loved what one commenter said, "Its a trait, not a condition". Exactly. I have a child like this too. Its the way God made him, not a disability to be treated.
A_McCool
by Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I have Asperger's (diagnosed as an adult) and my experience in public school is the major reason that I decided to homeschool.

romacox
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Both my daughters homeschooled.  But my oldest daughter did not begin until her son was in third grade.  I showed her this article, and she said, "it is like she is telling our story."   Stephen (my oldest grandson) is a hands on learner, and is grown now.  It is interesting to hear him tell how he thought something was wrong with him.  He says that it took awhile of homeschooling to figure out it was not him. 

I see this all the time as a tutor, and it is really sad  what it does to the kids to be forced to learn with a method that is not suited for them.  . 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)