Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

My Brain is Melting

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 5:44 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this
I am trying to get everything wrote down by grade so I can get organized. Plus I am putting grades in the computer.

It is Melting my brain!
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:21 PM
Lol...

I feel your pain girl! I've been there many a time, myself. Are you getting anything accomplished though?
ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:21 PM

What do you grade and how do you go about grading it? Are you using a packaged curriculum?

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 6:57 PM
Yes I am about half way through but I need to take a break because I have to get ready for a game night at my sisters house so I have to finish sometime tomorrow and manage to get all my planning for next week done.

Quoting kirbymom: Lol...

I feel your pain girl! I've been there many a time, myself. Are you getting anything accomplished though?
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:00 PM
I only grade math and spelling. They get scores from 0 to 100 percent on those. I use a variety of things that I put together. I just finished going through my oldest dd's teaching textbooks and grading that.

Quoting ablackdolphin:

What do you grade and how do you go about grading it? Are you using a packaged curriculum?

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:11 PM
2 moms liked this
Well That's good. At least you are making headway. And what better way to take a break than with a game night!?

Quoting debramommyof4: Yes I am about half way through but I need to take a break because I have to get ready for a game night at my sisters house so I have to finish sometime tomorrow and manage to get all my planning for next week done.

Quoting kirbymom: Lol...

coala
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 7:14 PM
2 moms liked this

I understand!!!!  I try to get it done weekly....doesn't always happen.  Our marking periods are 6 weeks long.  I have gone nearly an entire marking period without doing anything...I hate that rush.  I have even LOST tests that we needed to send in. UGH!!!  I also scan everything so that I have a record of it after I mail in for our report card.  Take one baby step at a time and you will get caught up....it does happen I promise.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like the end of a semester around here!  Good luck!

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:25 PM
2 moms liked this

Fortunately melted things recongeal.  :)

TidewaterClan
by on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Game night sounds fun!  I'll be melting my brain tomorrow.  :)

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2014 at 8:46 PM
3 moms liked this
Lol! I needed that. Thank you!

Quoting hwblyf:

Fortunately melted things recongeal.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)