Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

It's a brand new week! What are you doing?

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 5:41 PM
  • 42 Replies

?????????

The good, the bad and the ugly (and the fun, trivial, and boring lol).

by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 5:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jan. 5, 2014 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this

We are just starting back after 2 weeks off.  And I have to leave for work at 11am.  So it's going to be a pretty calm, easy day for them.  But then I am off Tuesday and Wednesday so I'm hoping to really get into some of our math and history.  Tuesday night DS has basketball practice, and Wednesday DD has dance.  Thursday and Friday I have to work :/

And that's about it around here!

LilliesValley
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 6:07 PM
2 moms liked this
Well this will be our first week with school. We pulled dd tge Friday before Christmas and she's been begging to start hs. I don't think I could hold her off another day. Lol. So all of our books got here from Amazon. I've been planning. Got my first units printed. I still need to organize the following weeks but I got week one ready to go all with my three month old teething. We got dd signed up for art and gymnastics. So even though all the schools are cancelled tomorrow for weather we will be having school. It's going to be negative 40 so way to cold to play. Luckily she was out playing in the snow for hours today.
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I have to finish re putting my school room together today.

Tomorrow morning my husband has an appointment, then I am dropping him off at the house to start the kids on school while I get to go to a curriculum exchange.

In math my oldest is going back through her teaching textbooks workbook because she skipped a lot or she can choose to work on the computer as long as she does the work I do not care.

My 2nd dd is going to do a math as semen because I want to ensure we are not missing things and to just see where we are.

My son is doing the same so I know where we need to work in math. I have basically been unschooling him, but I always feel guilty like I am not doing enough and I do not know what all he knows well. He will also be taking a Phonics assessment but that will be split up with an hour or two of play.

My littlest girl will be working on the letter O and circles this week, along with reading some fairy tales. She is 3 and wants to do school with the other kids but not really.

In science we are studying volcanos and in history we are studying Ancient Rome.

Monday the girls are writing their pen pals back (they loved the letters and the card). They are going to study how to write a friendly letter for the rest of the week.

Oh and Co-op starts back up! Yay!
julesjerry
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I am in Wisconsin. The weather is -14high with wind it is -50s tomorrow.

Our plan to stay warm and do our mini lessons.

kmath
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this

We are starting back tomorrow after 2 weeks off.  Changed up some stuff and added some stuff for the new year.  I have to work, so the next two days while the other kids are out of school will be interesting.  Not doing anything exciting really.  Co-op starts back up on Friday as well.  Plus I start my school again tomorrow as well.

TidewaterClan
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 7:30 PM

We signed up to do an Ancient Egypt Lab at the Cincinnati Museum tomorrow.  It's going to be -1' and go downhill from there.  I'm not sure if they cancel things but I guess we'll find out!

Thursday we have an afternoon lab with the park district on amphibians.  It's supposed to be snowy and cold, but that one might be indoors.

I have lesson plans laid out for all five days just in case tomorrow's event is cancelled.

How are you guys Mem?  Did you get any snow today?  Ours was all slushy rain, but it's supposed to be an ice skating rink by morning!

TidewaterClan
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Good luck with everything including your own school!

Quoting kmath:

We are starting back tomorrow after 2 weeks off.  Changed up some stuff and added some stuff for the new year.  I have to work, so the next two days while the other kids are out of school will be interesting.  Not doing anything exciting really.  Co-op starts back up on Friday as well.  Plus I start my school again tomorrow as well.

TidewaterClan
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

It sounds like you're both ready to roll!  I hope you both have a fantastic school day tomorrow.  :)

Quoting LilliesValley: Well this will be our first week with school. We pulled dd tge Friday before Christmas and she's been begging to start hs. I don't think I could hold her off another day. Lol. So all of our books got here from Amazon. I've been planning. Got my first units printed. I still need to organize the following weeks but I got week one ready to go all with my three month old teething. We got dd signed up for art and gymnastics. So even though all the schools are cancelled tomorrow for weather we will be having school. It's going to be negative 40 so way to cold to play. Luckily she was out playing in the snow for hours today.

kmath
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks hon! 

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Good luck with everything including your own school!

Quoting kmath:

kmath
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope you guys get to go!  That Ancient Egypt Lab sounds like so much fun. 

Quoting TidewaterClan:

We signed up to do an Ancient Egypt Lab at the Cincinnati Museum tomorrow.  It's going to be -1' and go downhill from there.  I'm not sure if they cancel things but I guess we'll find out!

Thursday we have an afternoon lab with the park district on amphibians.  It's supposed to be snowy and cold, but that one might be indoors.

I have lesson plans laid out for all five days just in case tomorrow's event is cancelled.

How are you guys Mem?  Did you get any snow today?  Ours was all slushy rain, but it's supposed to be an ice skating rink by morning!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)