Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fill me - best games or activites which boost child brain

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 6:46 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hello Moms,

I am looking for some indoor games and activities which boost her brain.

Thanks

by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 6:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
celtic77dragon
by Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 7:02 PM

Age is an important factor because of brain development. Age?

"Education is not filling a pail but the lighting of a fire." Education is BOTH the filling of a pail and the lighting of a fire. 

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 9:04 PM

Settlers of Catan, the Amazing Labyrinth, Clue, Qwirkle, Q-bitz, Chess, Appleletters, Pairs in Pears, Bananagrams, Scrabble, Boggle, Scattegories.

romacox
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 7:00 AM

Cognitive Research has done a lot of research on what improves the brain.  The following free article explains , and gives links to the documentation.  Whole Brain Teaching And Learning

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:30 AM
3 moms liked this

Card games are AWESOME!  Seriously, like poker type games.  We always teach our kids how to play poker around 5 years old.  It's not only adding/subtracting but patterns and strategy.  Plus, it's tons of fun!

nicki1018
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:20 PM

We taught them Russian romey(sp?). We do play a lot of board games and card games. Chess was taught also. I downloaded the old school Oregon trail games that I played in elementary school and they love that game :)

Quoting ablackdolphin:

Card games are AWESOME!  Seriously, like poker type games.  We always teach our kids how to play poker around 5 years old.  It's not only adding/subtracting but patterns and strategy.  Plus, it's tons of fun!

julesjerry
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 6:57 PM

Thank you all

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)