Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Crap. I got the Memoria Press giftcard.

Posted by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 11:37 PM
  • 11 Replies

I have a serious problem with buying curriculum. I can't resist. I received my annual $10 gift card from MP, so I *had* to place an order. I ordered Jr. K Recitation, the kindergarten art cards, and the Jr. K craft book.

... because I didn't have enough already?

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:38 AM
I feel you a week in and I am still not done and we start back to school tomorrow.
celtic77dragon
by Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 6:05 AM

I just received their catalogue the other day. I read it for the articles (classical education). 

"Education is not filling a pail but the lighting of a fire." Education is BOTH the filling of a pail and the lighting of a fire. 

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Have you read Andrew Campbell's "The Latin Centered Curriculum"? They sell it as an e-book; it's really great.

I read the catalogue for the articles... but I'd be lying if I didn't say I read it mostly for buying power. Lol!

Quoting celtic77dragon:

I just received their catalogue the other day. I read it for the articles (classical education). 

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:23 AM
2 moms liked this
*You read it for the articles? * lol Isn't that what people say about Playboy?

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Have you read Andrew Campbell's "The Latin Centered Curriculum"? They sell it as an e-book; it's really great.

I read the catalogue for the articles... but I'd be lying if I didn't say I read it mostly for buying power. Lol!

Quoting celtic77dragon:

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:45 AM

It is, lol.

I have to say, though, that the MP articles are great if you're a fan of classical education.

Quoting mem82: *You read it for the articles? * lol Isn't that what people say about Playboy?

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Quoting celtic77dragon:

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:48 AM
I like the idea of a classical education. Lol

Quoting AutymsMommy:

It is, lol.

I have to say, though, that the MP articles are great if you're a fan of classical education.

Quoting mem82: *You read it for the articles? * lol Isn't that what people say about Playboy?

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Quoting celtic77dragon:

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:51 AM

It isn't for every one, or every child. My dyslexic daughter hated it, so we went the more traditional scholastic approach (i.e. textbooks, essays, discussion, etc) when she was home. We're going quasi-classical with my middle son - non multa, sed multum (not many, but much) - a la The Latin Centered Curriculum, with the sub outs being math (their math recs are weak, imo) in the primary grades, and a better science than they recommed in the junior high grades. We'll also opt out of their protestant religion/Bible recs, in favor of Catholic materials.

Quoting mem82: I like the idea of a classical education. Lol

Quoting AutymsMommy:

It is, lol.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Quoting celtic77dragon:

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jan. 6, 2014 at 10:00 AM

Lol, I have an addiction to all things school related. 

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:42 AM

:-)  I have that addiction too!

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 12:15 PM

I hear ya! I'm a Barnes & Noble member, so I get free shipping and additional discounts.  Every time they send me a discount coupon, I HAVE to use it!! We have books coming out our ears but we use them and I feel it's better than plastic toys!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)