Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I'm an Atheist Pagan and I chose 'What' curriculum?? LOL!

Posted by   + Show Post

7yo dd is doing well in school but like a girl scout, I always like to be prepared.

Ever since her problems before break, I've been looking for a good curriculum for her. My daughter is a perfectionist. She likes everything laid out so she can complete each task, loves work books and prefers to work independently. Almost the complete opposite of my son,lol.

So I was looking around and I think I found something that seems like a good fit. It's called Christian Light Education. My dh laughed when I told him,lol. But religion aside, I really like how it's laid out. It has 10 work books per grade and subject, divided into lessons (easy on me) and uses a spiral approach. The best part is, I don't have to buy everything at once. I can order a few books at a time.

The only draw back, even though I don't have to order the bible section, is that it does have a lot of references to God and the bible in the stories. I'm still debating how to handle that one...

by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:21 AM
Replies (31-36):
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 8:46 PM

What about Horrible Sciences?

Quoting paganbaby:

I'm thinking Horrible Histories and Story of the world as a jumping off point for the kids. Then if they see anything they're interested in, we can watch more documentaries and check out books.

Science will still be science shows on Netflix, a theme (this week is insects) and totally irresponsible science experiments.

The kids have note books that they write down interesting things they learned.

Quoting celtic77dragon:

Do you have any ideas for history and science?

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:08 PM

They have that? Is by the same people who made horrible histories?

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Quoting paganbaby:

I'm thinking Horrible Histories and Story of the world as a jumping off point for the kids. Then if they see anything they're interested in, we can watch more documentaries and check out books.

Science will still be science shows on Netflix, a theme (this week is insects) and totally irresponsible science experiments.

Quoting celtic77dragon:

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:20 PM

Yep and yep. I've got the boxed set staring at me right now. They sell them (free shipping from the UK) on Book Depository.

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting celtic77dragon:

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:25 PM

Tell me more about this!

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting celtic77dragon:

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:39 PM

Nice!

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Yep and yep. I've got the boxed set staring at me right now. They sell them (free shipping from the UK) on Book Depository.

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting celtic77dragon:

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

paganbaby
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:47 PM

Well, I'm watching horrible histories on youtube right now. It looks like a fun show. And there's also a book series called horrible histories. It's filled with all these weird gross things that happened in history,lol.

Quoting mem82:

Tell me more about this!

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting celtic77dragon:

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN