Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Cold weather experiments

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:30 PM
  • 21 Replies
2 moms liked this

The girls and I did this already today.  The hot water turns instantly to steam.  Pretty fun to watch.

We also soaked a shirt and put it outside for two hours:

by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nicki1018
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Very cool. I will try this when it is cooler here.

TidewaterClan
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 4:30 PM
I hope you enjoy it. My girls loved watching the instant steam.

Quoting nicki1018:

Very cool. I will try this when it is cooler here.

usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 6, 2014 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this

We got cold but not cold enough for any of that!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Ah, yes! My boys loved doing that! Fun and easy experiments. I enjoyed their fun and excitement.
ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Fun!! We filled a balloon with water and some blue food coloring and put it outside. We weighed it before and will weigh it after for added experimentation. DD4 has already checked on it a few times.

TidewaterClan
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:36 PM

We don't get this cold too often, but I thought we'd make the most of it, lol. :)

Quoting usmom3:

We got cold but not cold enough for any of that!

TidewaterClan
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:38 PM

Yep!  We used up two tea kettles worth of hot water.  I didn't mind being a bit cold since their eyes lit up every time the sky was streaked with steam. :)

Quoting kirbymom: Ah, yes! My boys loved doing that! Fun and easy experiments. I enjoyed their fun and excitement.

TidewaterClan
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 8:39 PM

That's a great idea!  I remember filling up balloons as a kid, then "unwrapping" it after it was good and frozen.  Thanks!  It's supposed to be cold again tomorrow, so we'll do that too.

Quoting ablackdolphin:

Fun!! We filled a balloon with water and some blue food coloring and put it outside. We weighed it before and will weigh it after for added experimentation. DD4 has already checked on it a few times.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, they definitely enjoyed that steam. lol
I tried the one where the clothes froze in minutes, stuff as a board, when I was a teenager. That was fun!

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Yep!  We used up two tea kettles worth of hot water.  I didn't mind being a bit cold since their eyes lit up every time the sky was streaked with steam. :)

Quoting kirbymom: Ah, yes! My boys loved doing that! Fun and easy experiments. I enjoyed their fun and excitement.

TidewaterClan
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 9:13 PM

We watch CNN (for fun!) and the newscaster had done that last week.  Little dd has been asking about it ever since.  She was extremely excited about it and had two shirts ready first thing this morning. smile

Quoting kirbymom: Yeah, they definitely enjoyed that steam. lol
I tried the one where the clothes froze in minutes, stuff as a board, when I was a teenager. That was fun!

Quoting TidewaterClan:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN