Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I just can't ...

Posted by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:06 PM
  • 7 Replies
We ended up with half of december mostly off. We have had two illnesses hit US, car issues from both cars, out of town for the holidays. Many holiday performances..

Where is my heart for this? I just can't get the drive to start again.

My kids are groaning and dragging their feet too. My log books are needing lots of work. November 14 is my last logs. I have to back track..
by on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh and I agreed to keep my friends two older kids for 5 days next week. I'm just going to do fun reading and projects when they r here.
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

How old are the older kids?  fun reading and projects can help step you back into school!  Good luck and hugs.  I've been there, not wanting to get back in step.  :-)

usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 7, 2014 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Slow progression is still progression. You will get there, maybe when it starts to warm up you will feel more like it! I know I don't like to do much of anything during the winter months.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jan. 7, 2014 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm the same way! I like to treat formal schooling like college - by semester. We do our non-formal learning (fun games and projects) during the winter and summer. They are still learning (I'm always surprised by how much) but I'm not having to participate as much.

Quoting usmom3:

Slow progression is still progression. You will get there, maybe when it starts to warm up you will feel more like it! I know I don't like to do much of anything during the winter months.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2014 at 1:51 PM
I like that...

My kids are 12, 9, 5 and 1 1/2.

They are doing great in math and have been pretty good in language arts. However social studies has been lacking. We also have only gotten through two chapters in science.

Quoting KickButtMama:

I'm the same way! I like to treat formal schooling like college - by semester. We do our non-formal learning (fun games and projects) during the winter and summer. They are still learning (I'm always surprised by how much) but I'm not having to participate as much.

Quoting usmom3:

TidewaterClan
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:29 AM
We need to catch up on science too. We've had a few big fun science days with labs to get that rolling.

Yesterday all the schools were closed and little dd had a dentist visit so we had sewing class instead of our usual day. They went from start to finish from design to completion. It's the first time I did something like that, but I may sprinkle a few more in as an incentive because they liked it so much.
PurpleCupcake
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL...I just Said this to someone else..

Any chance you are depressed? If so please see your doc!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN