Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
Do any of you home school and work? We are facing some really big life changes and there is a possibility I will need to work, at least part time. My kids are 10, 6, 3, and 1. They have never been to a school. I would rather them not go to a public school and I just don't think we will be able to swing a private school. My 6 and 3 year old daughters are autistic and I worry about them not getting the support they need/deserve in a public school, and being labeled as problem children.
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 12:57 PM
Replies (11-12):
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:39 PM
Thank you all for your responses. For the person who suggested doing an at home sales business, I have tried those in the past, but I just am not good at them. I don't like social gatherings all that much and having to get up in front if some one to try and sell them something causes a great amount of anxiety.

If I do go to work, I will work opposite shifts from my dh. He is willing to do some of the school with the kids, kind of like a home work situation. My parents and the rest of my family don't believe that home school is real school and so they would never be willing to help. They all keep asking when I will be putting the girls in real school.
celtic77dragon
by Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 7:55 PM

waveyep

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)