Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

New to the group :-)

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 6:41 PM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

Well, sort of.  I've been in the group since 2012 but I'm not a very active member.  

I home-schooled my dd for Pre-K with Preschool Palace curriculum.  I placed her in public school for Kindergarten in Sept and now we have decided to pull her out and home-school again.  Things were going good but I just feel like this is what is best for right now.  

We start with homeschooling again this Monday.  I enrolled her in a public charter online school and the one I chose I really like their curriculum called Paragon.

I haven't told my family yet and I wonder what they will say about it.  My dh is on board 100 percent. My dd loves homeschooling and she is on board.  

Ok ...about me and my dd, she's 5 yrs old, loves math, reading and ballet.  I'm a SAHM and college student (Human Resource Development major). I have 3 kids (my other two kids are boys 3 yrs old and 15 mths old).

Nice to meet you all and look forward to chatting with you about homeschooling!

by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
TidewaterClan
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 7:15 PM
2 moms liked this
Welcome (officially) to the group! That's wonderful that your husband and daughter are on board.

My side of the family is very supportive but not so much with my in-laws. That's honestly ok by me though. :)

Glad to have you here, and looking forward to sharing ideas.
Chillisarah
by Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting TidewaterClan: Welcome (officially) to the group! That's wonderful that your husband and daughter are on board.

My side of the family is very supportive but not so much with my in-laws. That's honestly ok by me though. :)

Thank you for the welcome! I did tell both my sisters last night and one of them was very supportive about it and said she was considering homeschooling her kids this Fall and my other sister just looked a bit disturbed about it but didn't say anything to try to dissuade me.

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 11:40 AM
2 moms liked this
Welcome!
Chillisarah
by Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 12:56 PM

Quoting debramommyof4: Welcome!

thank you!

usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 10, 2014 at 1:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Welcome! Don't stress to much on how your family will react to you homeschooling again! If they say anything remind them that it is your DD & right now homeschooling is right for her!

TidewaterClan
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 4:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Chillisarah:

Quoting TidewaterClan: Welcome (officially) to the group! That's wonderful that your husband and daughter are on board.

Thank you for the welcome! I did tell both my sisters last night and one of them was very supportive about it and said she was considering homeschooling her kids this Fall and my other sister just looked a bit disturbed about it but didn't say anything to try to dissuade me.

That's sweet of your first sister, and good of the second not to say anything negative.  

My sister in law looked nauseous when I saw her at Christmas, but it's better than I expected, LOL.

We're all here to talk to and help out, even if it's just a listening ear. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN