Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
How do you spend your evenings, or time as.a.family? Every night when DH.gets home I feel done. Most of my energy is spent during the day, schooling, cleaning etc. After I make dinner I dont want to do anything, but I feel so boring. I usually am watching netflix or TV or playing a game on my phone. Dh has been helping me by reading the kids a story. Is it just me, or am I becoming a boring person? Lol oh, and lately my baby girl has been extra grumpy at night too.

Anyways. Is it bad that i just watch tv until bedtime? What do you do?
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:59 PM
Replies (31-38):
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2014 at 5:44 PM

I'm boring too. After dinner, I get the kids ready for bed then I just watch tv, play on candy crush or read.

TidewaterClan
by on Jan. 11, 2014 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this
We sometimes play a game or with toys for a while, but usually spend an hour doing our own thing.
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Lets see...

Sundays youth group and sometimes church stuff for the kids. Dh works late from home.

Mondays dh gets home from office between 6:30 to 8... we eat late and either watch a show or read.

Tuesdays is dhs day off. It makes a good field trip day and then we catch up on work and read or watch tv.

Wed... church until 9.

Thurs... classes most of day and sewing/craft club for the girls. Dad and sons hang out at home.

Fri...like mondays...dad works til late from office.

Sat....dad works from home but for a long time. Kids r in bed usually before he stops. The rest of us do whatever... it varies.
motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 10:38 PM
I have childcare till 8pm I put my twins to bed work on work for the next morning send my husband off to work. Wait till the older ones go to bed then I go.
coala
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:10 PM

We typically eat as a family every night.....but in our defense we are home together ALL day.  My SO and I both work from home, so we get a tone of quality time with the kids.  They usually spend the evening finishing in adequate work for me, or watching Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune.  Then off to bed.  I then spend 2 hours on Monday and an hour on Thursday watching tv...me time.  The rest of my evenings are filled with getting the cleaning caught up or laundry folded.  I'm a pretty boring person myself.

kmath
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 1:15 PM

On the weeks I have DS, we watch a movie or play games together and then I read to him before bed.  On weeks I don't, I play my games online or just read.

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 3:53 PM

I usually make dinner and then go for a run while DH & the kids eat.  He plays with them and then I eat after my run.  Then it's bath, story and we each put a kid to bed. Then a little TV and cafeomom before bed. Nothing too exciting here.

AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 4:18 PM

I do exactly that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)