Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Ohio Virtual Academy

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:31 PM
  • 3 Replies

I know a lot of you dont like virtual academies or K12.  Right now I've got to look at all options though.  We're looking to move to Ohio sooner rather than later, so if anyone has experience with this, please let me know your thoughts. TIA

by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 7:56 PM
I did OH VA several yrs ago. I had a really advanced prk to kindy age and it was a whiz for her. However she had friends that did it too and their parents talked about the kids not liking it after the newness wore off. One little girl hid crying in her toy trunk a lot.

We never had frustration with learning so it was easy for her. However, it would be hard to keep up with for multiple kids. Lots of computer time.

There was some leeway doing things at your own pace...but you still had to meet some public school standards.
Pukalani79
by Kristin on Jan. 12, 2014 at 9:16 PM

Thank you

Quoting KrissyKC: I did OH VA several yrs ago. I had a really advanced prk to kindy age and it was a whiz for her. However she had friends that did it too and their parents talked about the kids not liking it after the newness wore off. One little girl hid crying in her toy trunk a lot.

We never had frustration with learning so it was easy for her. However, it would be hard to keep up with for multiple kids. Lots of computer time.

There was some leeway doing things at your own pace...but you still had to meet some public school standards.

LoriAlane8
by Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not familiar with Ohio Virtual Academy specifically, however, we have always used the K12 Curriculum since 2001. My oldest is in college now, honors program with a 4.0. So I know the program works. Remeber, there are many people who use and love this curriculum. It's usually just those who it is not a good fit for that complain online. You might want to check out the K12 Ohio Virtual Academy Facebook page and ask more specifics. Also, go to the K12 website and check for any events the school might have to meet up with others using the curriculum. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN