Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

spelling, literature, grammar, and writing...

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:52 PM
  • 2 Replies
Currently for my 2nd grader I am using Winning with Writing, Growing with Grammar and Soaring with Spelling. I'm not too fond of Soaring with Spelling and the other two are ok. I'm wondering what other people use for these subjects.

Also I'm interested in literature advice. My kids are in K and 2nd right now so for next year as well. I read Aesops Fables, Grimms Fairy Tales for Children, I have a Childrens Book of Poems and a Childrens Fable and Fairy tale and A Childrens Book of Versus. I'm looking for other suggestions.

I'm also interested in anyone who uses Sequential Spelling, Spelling Power, or AAS. I know most like AAS however my son didn't like it in 1st grade.
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 4:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 5:06 PM

Right now I'm using Evan Dailies for Spelling and for Grammar, but I think I'm changing things up next year.

We did Fairy Tales and Folk Tales around the world to connect our literature to our geography.  You can get Fairy Tales and Folktales for Chinese, African, Indian, Celtic, etc from Dover Classics Thrift Editions, they are all under 5 bucks apiece.

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:45 PM

I use Handwriting Without Tears and love it.  I just purchased  All About Spelling and will start using it this week.  Looks good so far.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)