Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What is going on this week?

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 9:18 PM
  • 39 Replies
1 mom liked this
We start homeschool gym tomorrow.
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 12, 2014 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

We have Book Club, I have research to do on antennas & DVR we are planing to get rid of our satellite because they keep raising the price & 60% of the time we don't even use it. When we do use it it is to watch DVRed programs that are available on line free!

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jan. 12, 2014 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Monday DD's "classical Monday co-op" is having a greek festival, mini-olympics and play.

Wednesday we are going to Sky High, a trampoline place with the homeschool group. Just looked at the schedule and there are 225 kids and adults signed up to jump!
TidewaterClan
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 10:09 PM
That should be a blast!

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3: Monday DD's "classical Monday co-op" is having a greek festival, mini-olympics and play.

Wednesday we are going to Sky High, a trampoline place with the homeschool group. Just looked at the schedule and there are 225 kids and adults signed up to jump!
TidewaterClan
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 10:10 PM
Gym sounds fun Mem!

This week is quiet for us. We should get loads of schoolwork done. I'm looking forward to that. :)
butterflycircle
by Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 10:16 PM

i plan to start homeschooling my oldest this fall but i am starting my 3 1/2yr old tomorrow. of course nothing crazy lol just ABCs mostly and a little counting and small motor skills. he already knows several letters and numbers so i think he is ready for a little "school" like stuff 😊

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Let see here, still have our houseguests (two kids 9 and 7) this week who also home educate.   They are besties with my kids and more like cousins and family than just friends.   So...

Monday, taking all kids to indoor tunnels and bounce houses. 

Tuesday, driving the kids back to their house in the AM, driving back after brief visit in time to get to choir practice for my eldest.    Then both my older ones have book club at the library in the evening.

Wednesday, I will reorganize my house and plan some schooling stuff.   My second oldest has choir practice and we have a neighbor boy for dinner on wednesdays and take him to church clubs with us wednesday nights.

Thursday is classes most of the afternoon, and I'm planning on their doing at least something thursday morning for school work.   We still aren't really back yet from the holidays.   Then Thursday night is sewing and craft clubs for my girls.

Friday is the only day I have nothing but schooling planned.

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 8:00 AM

We're back to schooling after our 3 week break!!!  AND, after telling myself I'd spend a week planning, I finally got to it last night.  :(  I've been mentally working on things for a while, so it's not as if I was starting from scratch last night, but I definitely didn't get things all laid out.  My style, though I guess it works for me, sucks.  Sigh.  Here's what we're gonna study this go-round:

Money
Olympics
Chinese New Year
Nutrition/health/fitness 

and then throw in the typical math book, SOTW, read aloud (we're going to read 100 Cupboards and practice our predictions and such).  I'm pleased with it, but I definitely don't have every moment planned or laid out. 

kmath
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 8:51 AM

DS is with my sister this week.  We will see how they do together.  The first time she tried was a disaster.  I think she is nuts for trying again.  LOL

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:06 AM
We have co-op and my oldest has a meeting with her teacher so I have to get things together. We also are cleaning house and prepping for a birthday party Saturday for my 2nd dd. We are going to finish volcanos and ancient Rome. Then continue on with things in math and reading.
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Girl Scouts today, and I think we're having 4H this Friday.
As far as school goes, we're exploring New Zealand and Australia, studying the Atmosphere, Jamie is looking at 3 digit division, and Riley is popping out another 3 chapters in Math from the looks of it. Jamie is finishing up Fables in writing and I have honestly no idea what we're doing in Reading yet this week.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)