Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is going on this week?

Posted by   + Show Post
We start homeschool gym tomorrow.
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 9:18 PM
Replies (11-20):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jan. 13, 2014 at 12:13 PM

We are moving!!

armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 3:15 PM
Regular math, phonics, reading...etc. this week she will be learning about the new 7 wonders. History/Geography etc. today is registration for winter session of her co-op. Violin lessons start back up this week. Plus she will have a cooking class next Tuesday with some other kids. It should be fun! Oh and this is kindergarten for a 5 year old.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Good luck with getting it set up.

Quoting usmom3:

We have Book Club, I have research to do on antennas & DVR we are planing to get rid of our satellite because they keep raising the price & 60% of the time we don't even use it. When we do use it it is to watch DVRed programs that are available on line free!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:27 PM

Do we get pics of the new place? Empty pics even? lol I love looking at those things. I'm weird.

Quoting KickButtMama:

We are moving!!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Sounds like a good time. Cooking class? yum!

Quoting armygirl16: Regular math, phonics, reading...etc. this week she will be learning about the new 7 wonders. History/Geography etc. today is registration for winter session of her co-op. Violin lessons start back up this week. Plus she will have a cooking class next Tuesday with some other kids. It should be fun! Oh and this is kindergarten for a 5 year old.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:29 PM

How was the co op festival?

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3: Monday DD's "classical Monday co-op" is having a greek festival, mini-olympics and play.

Wednesday we are going to Sky High, a trampoline place with the homeschool group. Just looked at the schedule and there are 225 kids and adults signed up to jump!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:29 PM

It is a fun class. 8) I hope school work is going well!

Quoting TidewaterClan: Gym sounds fun Mem!

This week is quiet for us. We should get loads of schoolwork done. I'm looking forward to that. :)

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:30 PM

How did it go today? 8)

Quoting butterflycircle:

i plan to start homeschooling my oldest this fall but i am starting my 3 1/2yr old tomorrow. of course nothing crazy lol just ABCs mostly and a little counting and small motor skills. he already knows several letters and numbers so i think he is ready for a little "school" like stuff 😊

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:30 PM

YOu make me tired just reading this!

Quoting KrissyKC:

Let see here, still have our houseguests (two kids 9 and 7) this week who also home educate.   They are besties with my kids and more like cousins and family than just friends.   So...

Monday, taking all kids to indoor tunnels and bounce houses. 

Tuesday, driving the kids back to their house in the AM, driving back after brief visit in time to get to choir practice for my eldest.    Then both my older ones have book club at the library in the evening.

Wednesday, I will reorganize my house and plan some schooling stuff.   My second oldest has choir practice and we have a neighbor boy for dinner on wednesdays and take him to church clubs with us wednesday nights.

Thursday is classes most of the afternoon, and I'm planning on their doing at least something thursday morning for school work.   We still aren't really back yet from the holidays.   Then Thursday night is sewing and craft clubs for my girls.

Friday is the only day I have nothing but schooling planned.

usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Thanks! I am so ready for this but all the rest of my family is not!

Quoting mem82:

Good luck with getting it set up.

Quoting usmom3:

We have Book Club, I have research to do on antennas & DVR we are planing to get rid of our satellite because they keep raising the price & 60% of the time we don't even use it. When we do use it it is to watch DVRed programs that are available on line free!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)