Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What is going on this week?

Posted by   + Show Post
We start homeschool gym tomorrow.
by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 9:18 PM
Replies (21-30):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Oh the Chinese New Year! Every year I tell myself I'm not going to forget that. When does it start?

Quoting hwblyf:

We're back to schooling after our 3 week break!!!  AND, after telling myself I'd spend a week planning, I finally got to it last night.  :(  I've been mentally working on things for a while, so it's not as if I was starting from scratch last night, but I definitely didn't get things all laid out.  My style, though I guess it works for me, sucks.  Sigh.  Here's what we're gonna study this go-round:

Money
Olympics
Chinese New Year
Nutrition/health/fitness 

and then throw in the typical math book, SOTW, read aloud (we're going to read 100 Cupboards and practice our predictions and such).  I'm pleased with it, but I definitely don't have every moment planned or laid out. 

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:32 PM

LOLfingers crossed

Quoting kmath:

DS is with my sister this week.  We will see how they do together.  The first time she tried was a disaster.  I think she is nuts for trying again.  LOL

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Volcanos are always fun. Happy birthday!!

Quoting debramommyof4: We have co-op and my oldest has a meeting with her teacher so I have to get things together. We also are cleaning house and prepping for a birthday party Saturday for my 2nd dd. We are going to finish volcanos and ancient Rome. Then continue on with things in math and reading.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:33 PM

I need to dig out my fables books.

Quoting No_Difference:

Girl Scouts today, and I think we're having 4H this Friday.
As far as school goes, we're exploring New Zealand and Australia, studying the Atmosphere, Jamie is looking at 3 digit division, and Riley is popping out another 3 chapters in Math from the looks of it. Jamie is finishing up Fables in writing and I have honestly no idea what we're doing in Reading yet this week.

kmath
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:42 PM

So far so good.  Keep those fingers crossed for them.  She has to make it till Thursday.  LOL

Quoting mem82:

LOLfingers crossed

Quoting kmath:

DS is with my sister this week.  We will see how they do together.  The first time she tried was a disaster.  I think she is nuts for trying again.  LOL

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:45 PM

I will tell her.  My baby turned 7 Saturday!

Quoting mem82:

Volcanos are always fun. Happy birthday!!

Quoting debramommyof4: We have co-op and my oldest has a meeting with her teacher so I have to get things together. We also are cleaning house and prepping for a birthday party Saturday for my 2nd dd. We are going to finish volcanos and ancient Rome. Then continue on with things in math and reading.

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:48 PM

My calendar marks January 31 as the Chinese New Year.

Quoting mem82:

Oh the Chinese New Year! Every year I tell myself I'm not going to forget that. When does it start?

Quoting hwblyf:

We're back to schooling after our 3 week break!!!  AND, after telling myself I'd spend a week planning, I finally got to it last night.  :(  I've been mentally working on things for a while, so it's not as if I was starting from scratch last night, but I definitely didn't get things all laid out.  My style, though I guess it works for me, sucks.  Sigh.  Here's what we're gonna study this go-round:

Money
Olympics
Chinese New Year
Nutrition/health/fitness 

and then throw in the typical math book, SOTW, read aloud (we're going to read 100 Cupboards and practice our predictions and such).  I'm pleased with it, but I definitely don't have every moment planned or laid out. 

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2014 at 9:53 PM
Mostly healing from gallbladder surgery and putting my house back in order, with a lot of help from the kids since I still cant lift, lol. If id known I wasgoing to be having surgery, we wouldnt have taken so much time off at christmas. Im so out of our groove now, I dont know how we're ever going to get back on track.
butterflycircle
by on Jan. 13, 2014 at 10:51 PM

we only worked on the letter A andhe really liked coloring and stuff but hejust doesn't want to make the "aaa" sound. we will keep it up and i think hewill come around 😊

Quoting mem82:

How did it go today? 8)

Quoting butterflycircle:

i plan to start homeschooling my oldest this fall but i am starting my 3 1/2yr old tomorrow. of course nothing crazy lol just ABCs mostly and a little counting and small motor skills. he already knows several letters and numbers so i think he is ready for a little "school" like stuff 😊

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jan. 13, 2014 at 11:21 PM
Co-op Greek games were a blast!

The games were silly and not at all like "olympics". I was assigned to "jello slurping". They had to suck jello up with a straw. It was hysterical to watch.

DD's class did a play and did well :)

I really feel sorry for DD's teacher. There are 6 kids in her class. DD, another girl and 4 boys. All four of the boys have some isssue (adhd, bipolar, aspergers, etc). I told the teacher to call me any time she might need extra help in class.

Quoting mem82:

How was the co op festival?

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3: Monday DD's "classical Monday co-op" is having a greek festival, mini-olympics and play.

Wednesday we are going to Sky High, a trampoline place with the homeschool group. Just looked at the schedule and there are 225 kids and adults signed up to jump!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN