Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Incandescent Lighting Phasing Out: Many Turning To Mercury Filled Bulbs.

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 9:19 AM
  • 2 Replies

 

Poll

Question: Is a pen in the hand of a bureaucrat dangers?

Options:

yes

no

sometimes

often


Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 2

View Results

The government decided to phase out incandescent bulbs, because they burn more electricity than other options such as LEDs or CFL bulbs.  As a result many are turning to the cheaper of the two.  However the CFLs  are a  mercury hazard and leak when they burn out.

If they break in your home, the mercury is released creating a toxic environment,..it is foul. It is recommended that if a CFL breaks in your home,  you use a HAZMED crew to remove the toxin.  The poison in the landfills and water supply  is another concern.  CFLs Have One Hitch: Toxic Mercury

Many years ago the government banned phosphates in detergent which cleaned better then detergents of today.  They  banned it, because it promoted plant life in the water decreasing oxygen which is detrimental to fish life.  However phosphates (a water softener) is now replaced with soda ash which is alkaline.  Soda ash reverses the PH of the rivers killing  fish and many plants.  The sewer plants are suppose to remove dangerous  chemicals before they dump them into our water supply.  But to save money, they don't always do that.   

Many are very concerned about "Global Warming" But my electric company says the immediate danger is not global warming nor even electricity.  They say it is clean water. 

What are your thoughts, and what are you doing about the light bulbs in your home?

The man in the following video recently testified before Congress.  Halliburton is still in charge of water purification  to our troops , but under a different name: KBR





by on Jan. 14, 2014 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2014 at 9:44 AM

In our house we have a few CFLs, but mostly we have LED lights.  CFLs just like the long tube Flourescents have mercury, yet most commercial buildings have had flourescents for many many years with none of this "what will we do with the mercury" crap.  I don't think the government should have banned the incandescents (nor should they have the power to do so) however, I see no problems with the CFLs either.

usmom3
by BJ on Jan. 14, 2014 at 12:41 PM

 I don't agree with the government making those kinds of decisions for us!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)